Event Tickets Plus integration with WPML

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event Tickets Plus integration with WPML

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Luthfi Bintoro

Hi,
    I understand WPML support is yet not available for Event Tickets Plus and based on this answer : https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/wpml-support-event-tickets-plus/ . it seems you deferred the compatibility into version 4.5.
    Do you have a date when version 4.5 will be available?
    I want to use event tickets plus plugin in combination with Event Calendar Plus for a client of mine, but the WPML is pretty crucial for his website.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Geoff B.

Good evening Luthfi and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

This is subject to change, but the tentative date for 4.5 is somewhere in March.

In the meantime, it is possible to partially use Event Tickets Plus with WPML.
    However, the downside is that for now there is no way to create a truly multilingual ticket.

The end result is 1 distinct ticket for each language. This means that no sync of stock is possible until full compatibility becomes a reality.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Luthfi Bintoro

Hello Geoff,

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Anyway, I have tried to translate the event that using event tickets plus with WPML. but whenever i begin to translate the event post that has woocommerce ticket, the event always disappear in the moment i publish the event. do you have any idea why?

Best Regards,

Luthfi Bintoro

Geoff B.

Good evening Luthfi,

Thank you for writing back.

whenever i begin to translate the event post that has woocommerce ticket, the event always disappear in the moment i publish the event. do you have any idea why?

If you have not already, I highly recommend reading and using the following guides:

1. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-the-events-calendar-with-wpml/
    2. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/creating-translations-for-events-using-wpml/

Once you made sure you are setup properly, there is a workaround to tickets disappearing.

After creating the ticket AND publishing the page, head over to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page and hit the “Set Language Information” button.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Luthfi Bintoro

Hello Geoff,

I have tried to setup the event calendar setting with WPML based on the link you gave me. Unfortunately, i still get the same issue when i tried to use your workaround.

The Event that has woocommerce ticket is still gone. I think i may miss something when i setup the event post. But doesnt what it is.

is there any other workaround?

Best Regards,

Luthfi Bintoro

Geoff B.

Good evening Luthfi,

You are right, the ticket will be gone.

But, provided you:

1. Are also using the required WPML  WooCommerce integration plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/
    2. Are not using the ?lang method
    3. Head over to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page and hit the “Set Language Information” button. In fact, you can simply hit all the cleanup buttons at the top of that page if you want that will also clear WPML’s cache

You should see the ticket magically appear, next time you refresh your Edit event page.

But as I said, this is officially unsupported for now and it is far from a good workaround.

It is only something I have been able to do and some of our customers too.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Luthfi Bintoro

Hello Geoff B,

I’ve made some progress thanks to your remarkable service. Now our translated event post with the ticket is appeared on the backend. However, when we check on the front-end, it shows : “Sorry! That page doesn’t seem to exist.”

I think it’s a 404 page?

here is the link : [redacted]

and here is the translated page link : [redacted]

do you know what happen?

Best Regards,

Luthfi Bintoro

Geoff B.

Good evening Luthfi,

I am stoked you are making progress.

I believe this means that you need to re-save your permalinks or to go through the different Cleanup buttons of WPML recovery (the ones at the top of the page only)

Make sure you also empty all caches.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Luthfi Bintoro

Hello Geoff B,

I have tried that before. And also tried that again today. still no luck.

Since everything seems not working to me. So I removed my event that has the woocommerce ticket and hope to get some luck to setup the event from scratch. Now i cannot add a woocommerce ticket. What happened?

Do you want to check our admin? We can give you the credential. Just let me know how we can give you the access.

Best Regards,

Luthfi Bintoro

Geoff B.

Good evening Luthfi,

I am sorry that things are not working out for you.

As stated before, officially Event Tickets Plus and Event Tickets are not  supported yet.
    As such, I believe I have offered you all the pointers I could, unfortunately.

Furthermore, our policy does not allow us to log in to clients websites for several reasons, including liability.

But I will part with one last recommendation. Some of our customers using WPML have reported odd behaviours with our plugins in the last couple of versions.

I can’t confirm if that is indeed related, but until new versions are released, your best bet would be to use the following versions of our plugins:

1. the Events Calendar 4.3.5
    2. the Events Calendar Pro 4.3.4

Of course that means that you will need to match any other plugin of ours that you are also using (to the same period). You can do that here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Hang in there as we work on Event Tickets Plus integration for WPML.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Tickets Plus integration with WPML’ is closed to new replies.