Can't Save Ticket on Event

Home Forums Additional Help Translations Can't Save Ticket on Event

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

Hi. When I try to add a new ticket to an event, after clicking “save” it says the ticket is saved, but it doesn’t show up. Not in the event itself or in Woocommerce. I found that it all goes back to normal after I deactivate the WPML language-plugin. Do you have any fix for this?

Please see this video for a more complete explanation as to the problem and a STRANGE workaround.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Daniel.
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Brook.
    Daniel
    Participant
    Brook
    Participant

Wow, that was some high quality debugging Daniel. Thank you so much for sharing the video.

I am glad you found a work around for now. Right now we are looking into this and trying to reproduce it. Hopefully we can reproduce it by tomorrow. With that out of the way we can isolate the problem and log this as a fixable bug. Then we will just have to wait for the fix to be release in an upcoming version. I’ll get back to you once we get this logged. In the mean time please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

– Brook

Daniel
    Participant

Brook,
    If you need access to our installation, please connect with me directly.

Daniel

Daniel
    Participant

Also, it seems that the fieldsets are not being translated.

Daniel
    Participant

It seems that there is a definite disconnect between the primary and the secondary language. Aside from the fieldset, the ticket is not being duplicated from the primary to the secondary language.

Do you have an ETA for this fix?

Thanks

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Again,

It seems that there is a definite disconnect between the primary and the secondary language. Aside from the fieldset, the ticket is not being duplicated from the primary to the secondary language.

That would be because Event Tickets does not actually support WPML. We have a feature request for adding support here. But, we’re actually already working on baking in support. We have been in touch with the folks at WPML, and they are going to be doing a release in the future that will allow us to add support in Event Tickets. Once their release is out, then we can begin the final work on our end.

When I try to add a new ticket to an event, after clicking “save” it says the ticket is saved, but it doesn’t show up. Not in the event itself or in Woocommerce. I found that it all goes back to normal after I deactivate the WPML language-plugin.

I just got off the horn with our primary WPML guy. Most of our WPML support is handled by those on our team who actually speak multiple languages, and I’m not one of them. So my apologies for being a bit out of the loop here. It turns out your initial issue is a known bug already, it just was not specifically logged. The reason it is not logged individually is because it is part of our larger effort to fully support WPML + Event Tickets (Plus).

So the good news is, that soon all of your issues should be fixed and we have already started the long road to fixing them. The bad news is an ETA is impossible at this point. There are two development team schedules that this is pending, WPML and ours, which makes any ETA impossible. It will just be ready when its ready. If you’d like to get updates about this as they happen I recommend voting on that feature request and sharing your email.

Does that answer your questions?

Cheers!

-Brook

Dennis
    Participant

Hi there, I’ve been struggling with the same. The workaround which Daniel indicated indeed does the trick for me as well. Do you have any experience with it since last week?
    A question which interests me is how to get around it. As Events tickets plus does not work with WPML, what would be a way to get ticket sales working with the events calendar and wpml. I have seen one member suggesting to create a woocommerce product and using that in the event description section. Another suggestion could be to use eventbrite?
    Could you advise on these last two options?

Brook
    Participant

Great questions Dennis. We definitely like to find temporary workarounds when we can, you got some interesting ideas here.

The workaround which Daniel indicated indeed does the trick for me as well. Do you have any experience with it since last week?

Nothing has changed in the last week, except that we’re on week closer to a still unknown release date.

Another suggestion could be to use eventbrite?

Our primary WPML gent said Eventbrite is not very well tested at this time. I doubt it will work better for you. If you want I could give you a zip copy of the latest version so you could test it out further.

The thing that is not clear to me is which issues are impacting you specifically? Obviously Daniel found a work around for the first problem, and you’ve confirmed that works. Is the ticket area just not showing up your secondary pages, or is it showing untranslated? Or is it something else? I can think of some workarounds to those problems, they are not ideal but could help temporarily until WPML and us have released some proper solutions. Just let me know what you are hitting.

• Brook
    Dennis
    Participant

Yeah, I (and with me many others I think) can’t wait for the official compatibility update to be released! 🙂

Workaround from Daniel: When a ticket is created the system gives the message it’s created but the ticket does not show at all (both in back- and frontend), neither in Events Calendar nor Woocommerce. When the button save is hit in WPML of the section which Daniel indicate (Standard taxonomies), the ticket all of a sudden appears in both the Calendar and Woocommerce (both backend and frontend). And it works – tickets can be purchased.

Eventbrite: okay, we’ll leave that for what it is.

Issues:
    – RSVP tickets set up in two languages: in case of a maximum no. of tickets available – if I put in 10 in Dutch and 10 in English, then the total number of tickets available is 20.. whilst I want a total of only 10 available.
    – Woocommerce tickets set up in two languages. In Ducth it’s okay – but I cannot (even with Daniel’s solution) get the ticket to show up in English on the English event page. It does however show up in Woocommerce..

Brook
    Participant

Yeah, I (and with me many others I think) can’t wait for the official compatibility update to be released! ?

Oh man us too. We are currently playing the waiting game on WPML. Then once they’ve released everyone will be waiting on us again. But we’re working on it as fast as we can.

In theory I should be able to make it possible to embed tickets from one event into an another via a shortcode. So you could create a set of tickets in your primary language, which it sounds like is Dutch. Then grab the event ID for that post. In your translated post embed a shortcode like this: [event_tickets_area id=”123″] and that will show the exact same tickets for sale on the English page, including the same stock count. There are two caveats about this that may or may not be deal breakers:

1. The ticket area will still not be translated. If your tickets have dutch titles, the dutch titles will persist on the English page. You might could workaround this by including a short tutorial just above the shortcode explaining what each ticket/title does in the English page. Another possibility, might be a bit crazy, would be to give your tickets numeric titles. Like ticket 1, 2, 3… Then it won’t matter that they are not translated. Again a brief tutorial above the tickets area might appropriate expanding on what each ticket # includes. Up to you how you would want to handle this, maybe you have an even better idea better suited for your site?
    2. The tickets area is not yet embeddable on other pages via a shortcode. I recently wrote this miniature addon that allows you to embed it elsewhere on the same page as a shortcode: tribe-snippet-tickets-shortcode-2016-08-11 When I built it I was thinking it would likely be possible to add the ability to embed the tickets on other pages using the same shortcode with some more time spent developing this.

If you think the above workaround would work for you (for now, while we wait) let me know. I can look into crafting a new version of that shortcode that you could install on your site.

I should note that we have drifted a bit from the original issue now. For the sake of not spamming Daniel’s inbox with a conversation he might not be interested in, would you mind opening a new topic to continue this discussion?

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't Save Ticket on Event’ is closed to new replies.