Tickets not saving

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Tickets not saving

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Erin Muck
    Participant

Dear Support,

We cannot get a ticket to save in any new events we are creating on our site. We enter the ticket info, then click SAVE and it just spins and spins. When it stops, nothing has been saved.

Tickets have been created and saved in the past, but are not working now.

Cliff

Hi, Erin. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

This isn’t currently a confirmed issue so I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups as well as performing modifications first on a staging site before modifying anything on your live/production site.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode) in a Private Reply.

That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Erin Muck
    Participant

Hello, this just in from my programmer:

I’ve duplicated the issue, it definitely isn’t saving new tickets, but I have no idea why. I performed a lot of tests to rule things out:

1. I enabled WordPress debug mode but there are no error messages being generated.
    2. There are no errors in the PHP error_log file.
    3. I disabled WPRocket to rule out the cache but it didn’t remedy it.
    4. I went to the Woopress site to make sure all of their plugins and theme was up to date. The only thing that wasn’t was RevSlider so I updated that. No improvement.
    5. I checked the webmaster debug functions in both Firefox and Chrome and no console errors display.

About the only other thing the developer recommended was to switch the theme to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code. We obviously cannot do that on a production site. We would need to create a staging site, which would be spendy for e3, and the staging site would need to be kept updated just like the live site.

When I search your support files for Tickets not saving, I do see other people who are having this issue:

https://theeventscalendar.com/?s=tickets+not+saving&submit=Search&post_type%5B%5D=documentation&post_type%5B%5D=tribe-knowledgebase&post_type%5B%5D=forum_posts&post_type%5B%5D=post

Do you think there is a remedy in those tickets?

Also, we have the free version of The Event Calendar. Do you think it would help to upgrade to the Pro version?

THank you for your continued help, Erin

Cliff

Thanks for your efforts.

I double-checked and there’s not a logged bug for tickets not saving, those other threads didn’t have a confirmation of the bug yet (from any of our other support staff), and I’m also unable to replicate the issue on my own testing site.

A staging site is typically for short-term usage, not requiring upgrading to a 2-site license key for all your paid products. You would copy from mysite.com to dev.mysite.com, for example, and then deactivate stuff and then clear all caches (including browser’s) and see if the issue’s still happening, in which case please share the System Information Report.

I saw someone else said downgrading to ET/ET+ versions 4.7.0 solved the issue for them; does it for you as well? (again, something you could use your staging site to test)

You can download a previous version from https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/ (it has a drop-down to select a previous version) and follow https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/manual-updates/ for how to downgrade if you choose to.

Erin Muck
    Participant

More info on this. I discovered that the tickets are indeed being saved. They are listed in the Posts table immediately after they are saved. HOWEVER, they DO NOT immediately display in the admin list for the ticket, nor do they display on the front end page. They appear to display at a later time. Of course my immediate thought was the WPRocket cache, but even deleting the cache and deactivating the plugin did not remedy this. And deleting the browser cache after all of that did not help. I even remove all extraneous entries in .htaccess but to no avail. This is the only plugin that has this issue and it has us completely baffled.

Cliff

Thanks for your thorough sleuthing.

I have discovered a logged bug regarding this issue (it has to do with the _transient_tribe_attendees transient).

Here’s a temporary workaround snippet:

add_filter( 'tribe_tickets_attendees_admin_expire', 'custom_tickets_attendees_expire' );
    add_filter( 'tribe_tickets_attendees_expire', 'custom_tickets_attendees_expire' );

function custom_tickets_attendees_expire () {
    // number of seconds
    return 10;
    }

I marked this thread as Pending Fix, which means it should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Erin!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-27-may-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets not saving’ is closed to new replies.