Tickets not displaying

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Tickets not displaying

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rachel DuBois
    Participant

One event is saying that tickets are not available, though when I look at the backend, it clearly shows 14 tickets available. Can you help me figure out what’s going on?

Courtney

Hello Rachel

I see a warning message in your screenshot. Can you tell me what that warning says?

Can you start by going through our Testing for Conflicts Guide https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/?  I am wondering if you might have a plugin or theme conflict. 

We recommend conducting these tests on a staging server (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/creating-using-wordpress-staging-site/). 

If you are unable to do so, please install the Health Check plugin so that you can effectively disable all plugins without website visitors noticing any changes. See https://make.wordpress.org/support/handbook/appendix/troubleshooting-using-the-health-check/#troubleshooting for how to do this.

Begin by deactivating all other plugins, using a theme such as Twenty Seventeen https://wordpress.org/themes/twentyseventeen/, and see if the issue still persists.

Also, double check for any other updates available (Dashboard » Updates). 

Please send in your System Info https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/ as well after your tests so that we can better diagnose the issues you are having. 

Please let me know if the issue still persists after these tests.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Rachel DuBois
    Participant

Hi Courtney,
    The warning just says “This is a recurring event. If you add tickets they will only show up on the next upcoming event in the recurrence pattern. The same ticket form will appear across all events in the series. Please configure your events accordingly.”

The tickets are not showing for all the events in that series (I have two more session in October). But it’s only THAT event, as far as I can tell.

I had a similar problem before (and posted a support request) and I ended up having to redo the event completely to resolve the problem. I don’t mind this as such, but the problem is, I end up having events on our site with no tickets available and the only way I find out is when I just happen to check or a customer emails me. Not a great situation. So I’d like to see if we can figure out what’s going on here and fix it.

So I don’t think it’s a plugin issue. I’ve updated all the plugins anyway to be sure, but it’s made no difference.

UPDATE: I think the problem is the “End Sale” field in the Advanced ticket settings. I noticed it said “End Sale: 2018-02-07”, which is obviously past. When I tried to change it to October 24, it reset back to 02-07. My other events have a later date, but I may have the same thing happen to them when the date passes, as they are all recurring events through June 2019.

Rachel DuBois
    Participant

Also, I have Events, Events PRO, Tickets and Tickets PLUS all activated — is that correct? When I tried to update the pro versions, it said I needed the other versions as well. Just want to check that’s correct.

Rachel DuBois
    Participant

Figured it out. It was indeed the End Date that was the problem. When I created these events, they were one-offs, so I set the date of the ticket sales to end on the day of the event. When I later created recurring events, the end date was from the original event and so it was stopping the ticket sales. And I was forgetting to hit “Update” after changing the date, so it wasn’t registering (duh).

So if I understand correctly, you can’t set ticket sales to end at multiple times (i.e., after each event), but only after ALL events have passed.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for all the info you shared. I’m stoked to see you found the source of the issue. Awesome job there, congrats!

As far as I know you can set the end sale date of one ticket to whatever date you want. And that one date will be used by all the instances of the recurring event.

If you want that one ticket to show up for all recurrences, then the end date needs to be after the last recurrence.

Or you can set up multiple tickets (let’s say one for each recurrence) and set their end dates differently, so they will become unavailable as time or the event passes.

Does this help?

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets not displaying’ is closed to new replies.