Tickets for Recurring Events

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Tickets for Recurring Events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

I just activated Community Tickets (and all required plugins that go with it). I am also running EC Pro. When users are adding a listing they see this message when hovering over the Recurring Ticket icon:

Currently, WooTickets will only show up on the fronted once per event. For PRO users this means the same ticket will appear across all events in the series. Please configure your events accordingly.

aHere is a screenshot

I really don’t want the the terms WooTickets visible to the users. It really creates confusion.
    [1] Do I need this statement here at all?

[2] I am running Events Calendar PRO so shouldn’t it default directly to function mentioned? Users on my site are not going to know whether they are PRO users. It’s so confusing.

[3] What does it mean to configure your event accordingly. I would prefer not to have this completely removed if possible.

[2] If I can’t remove the message, how can I at least change the text?

Thanks again.

Geoff B.

Good evening Kevin and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to try help you with these topics.

As a first step, could you please provide us with your system information in a private reply ? (following the instructions found in the link)

I really don’t want the the terms WooTickets visible to the users. It really creates confusion.
    [1] Do I need this statement here at all? [2] I am running Events Calendar PRO so shouldn’t it default directly to function mentioned? Users on my site are not going to know whether they are PRO users. It’s so confusing.

I don’t know if you are aware of this, but we did retire the WooTickets add-on to replace it by the Events Tickets Plus. In fact, we even have a nice Knowledge Base article to ease the transition: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-to-event-tickets-plus/

The reason I am bringing this up is because the messages in question is not visible on my end (I use the latest version of the plugins). I can also confirm that you automatically have received a license for Events Tickets Plus.

[3] What does it mean to configure your event accordingly. I would prefer not to have this completely removed if possible.

The purpose of that message is to ensure that people understand that there is not 1 ticket per event in a recurring event series. For now (we are working on adding separate tickets for recurring events), tickets for a recurring event are for the whole series, not for each event individually.

You could probably hide the message through CSS (provided you can share with me the link to the website)

[2] If I can’t remove the message, how can I at least change the text?

Yes, you can change just about any string of text.
    Here’s how: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/change-the-wording-of-any-bit-of-text-or-string/

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Kevin
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Kevin,

Thank you for sharing your system information.

It’s really odd that you should have a WooTickets message without WooTickets installed.

As a side note, I am noticing you are using Event Rocket which is unfortunately completely unsupported since version 4.0 of our plugins. I guess that means it would be worth deactivating to see if that makes any difference.

The other thing I can think of is that your WordPress theme might have a template customization through either it’s functions.php file or a tribe-events folder.

I would recommend to please go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website) and let us know if that prevents the unwanted messages from being displayed ?

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Tickets for Recurring Events’ is closed to new replies.