Ticket Stock (Reopend Support Ticket)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket Stock (Reopend Support Ticket)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    artmasters
    Participant

Hello there,
    oi like to reopen an Support Ticket. I was very busy last weeks and meanwhile one of mine support tickets was closed. (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/ticket-stock-3/#post-1449638)

I would like to comment the answear of András (February 19, 2018).

So i did all these steps and it worked fine for an event with a ticket that has “single capacity”. If i got en event with tickes that have “shared capcity” the ticket availebillity on event (backend page) and attendees overview does not increase after removing an attendee with cancelled order (see screenplay).

This only happens with cancelled orders, with refounded orders all works fine. Also Woo Products capacity increases again after deleting.

Thanks for Help!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Jan,

Good to have you back. Let’s continue.

Shared capacity is a bit different animal. In this case some manual intervention might be needed.

I recommend you to go through the following article: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-cancel-tickets-order/

Also, the stock is ‘recorded’ on several levels. What I did not see in your screen recording is the WooCommerce product page. Each ticket has a corresponding WooCommerce product. Stock status is also recorded there under inventory. That is driving some of the numbers, so check that too.

About the stock column showing double the availability: this happens with Advance Post Manager. We are aware of this issue and will try to fix it in an upcoming release of APM.

Andras

artmasters
    Participant

Hey hey,
    ok i checked the corresponding Woo Product page too and it does icrease the stock after deleting attendee with cancelled ticket. The only places the number does not change are:

available tickets –> Event edit page
    available tickets –> attendees overview
    doubled stock –> Event overview (i think number should change even if its doubled)

With refunded tickets all still good. Like the article says:
    Since Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus 4.6, deleting an attendee record automatically increases the ticket stock. So you should take this into account when using WooCommerce, as it offers the option to restock the product when processing refunds.

Butt still not working with cancelled orders.

If i have to do manually (like article says)- it would be nice to merge this function to cancelled orders too in upcomimg updates.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

I just tested this again.

• create a ticket with 20 capacity
    • purchase 1
    • check the numbers everywhere – all okay, showing 19 available
    • go to the WooCommerce order page and set it to cancelled
    • go to the attendee page and delete the cancelled ticket
    • check the stocks everywhere – all looks okay, numbers went up to 20

Do I understand correctly that this doesn’t work for you?

And to me the refunded works the same way.

A.

artmasters
    Participant

Hey there,

• create a ticket with 20 capacity
    • purchase 1
    • check the numbers everywhere – all okay, showing 19 available
    • go to the WooCommerce order page and set it to cancelled
    • go to the attendee page and delete the cancelled ticket
    • check the stocks everywhere – all looks okay, numbers went up to 20

these steps work all fine but only with tickets that have single capacity. Or for tickets with shared capcity and refunded orders.

But not working with tickets that have shared capacity and cancelled orders.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

not working with tickets that have shared capacity and cancelled orders

Yes, that is a fact, as I mentioned in my earlier post.

This is a complex process, which we might be re-visiting at a later point. As for now, manual intervention will likely be needed for tickets with shared capacity.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Andras

artmasters
    Participant

Ok thanks! I got it. At cancelled tickets with shared capacity i have to increase manually.
    Only one more question and after that we can close this ticket. 🙂

Does it make sense, that it works with shared capcity and refunded orders but not with shared capcity cancelled orders??

Does these two types have so different handlings??

But at all, thanks very much for your time! Great support!!!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey artmasters,

I ran some further tests to get to the bottom of this. And to answer your question, you are right, it does not make full sense.

This is where we’re at for the time being.

I will need to run some further tests, to figure out where things go haywire.

Thanks for your patience so far!

Cheers,
    Andras

artmasters
    Participant

Ok! Thanks a lot agian for your time!

Andras
    Keymaster

You’re welcome!

I will leave this topic open for now and will get back to you with my findings later.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Sorry, it took some time until I could sit down and properly test this.

What I found it that if you are not using shared capacity for the ticket and you delete the attendee, then the stock will be adjusted properly.

If you are using shared capacity for tickets, and you delete an attendee, then the ticket stock will be adjusted, BUT the capacity will remain unchanged. You will need to manually adjust the shared capacity value.

So if your shared capacity was 20 before, you sold 1 ticket, then you deleted that attendee, then you will need to add that one to the shared capacity, and increase it to 21. This should get the numbers proper.

I know this is not ideal, that is why I have created a bugticket about it and attached a screen recording of my tests to it, so our developers can take a look.

Cheers,
    Andras

Courtney

Hey there

Thanks for hanging with us on this issue. We’ve just released an update to correct the shared capacity calculations. As always, we recommend that you back your website up, test on a staging site, and then take it live on your own website. Let us know how it goes!

https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-13-may-2019/

Thanks
    Courtney ??‍?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket Stock (Reopend Support Ticket)’ is closed to new replies.