Ticket sales not ending as scheduled

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket sales not ending as scheduled

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bcbookprizes
    Participant

The date I set for my ticket sales to end has passed, yet the tickets are still showing as available.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi bcbookprizes,

Thanks for reaching out!

I’m sorry to hear about this issue. Let me try to help you fix this.

Could you please share your system information with me as a first?

Also if you could make some screenshots of how the ticket and the ticket sales is set up, that would be helpful.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

bcbookprizes
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me. Ticket sales did end by the next morning, but it was at least a few hours after they should have. It would be great if you could take a look at this so it doesn’t happen again, either to me or to anyone else.

bcbookprizes
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi again bcbookprizes,

Thanks for sharing your system information!

What is the timezone of the event that produced this glitch? (Here’s a screenshot of what I’m looking for: https://cloudup.com/cB-6ThmFY4v)

This is likely the issue we know about. If the event is in a different timezone than the website, then the sale date/time is calculated based on the website timezone.

That screenshot would confirm this.

Thanks,

Andras

bcbookprizes
    Participant

The event time zone is America/Vancouver, which is correct.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi and good morning!

Thanks for sharing your system information with me. In that I see that you have an older version of Event Tickets Plus. Please update it to the current version (4.7.2) and check if that makes the issue disappear.

Before you do any update it is always recommended to create a full backup of your site (files and database), to have something to go back to, just in case anything goes wrong.

Eagerly waiting to hear the results.

Cheers,
    Andras

bcbookprizes
    Participant

There is no update showing in my WordPress dashboard. In either case, I won’t be able to test it, because my ticket sales are over.

Andras
    Keymaster

Oh, that’s interesting.

You can try clicking the “Check again” button on the Dashboard > Updates page, or if it still doesn’t want to show up, then you can always do a manual update. Here is a guide on that.

Having older versions and mismatching versions for Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus can cause glitches like this.

Let me know how that goes.

After updating would you be able to do a test? You could set up an event far in the future so that your users don’t see it immediately and set up a ticket sale for tomorrow or something.

Meanwhile I will also try to test that.

Cheers,
    Andras

bcbookprizes
    Participant

I clicked on “Check Again,” but the update still does not show. I’m not comfortable updating manually right now since it involves deleting the existing plugin, and we have a big event on Friday.

Andras
    Keymaster

Sure, I fully understand that!

You can totally wait until the event is over and do the update then.

I also started testing this and will know more by then.

Good luck with your event and looking forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket sales not ending as scheduled’ is closed to new replies.