Ticket Sale Start Date Rounding Up So Can't See Tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket Sale Start Date Rounding Up So Can't See Tickets

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Craig
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve been testing the Ticket Sale Start Time, and I’ve noticed it is rounded to the nearest half hour (as far as I can tell). So if I save a ticket at 8:47 a.m., it will be rounded up to 9:00 a.m. as the ticket sale start time. That makes viewing the ticket impossible for another 13 minutes, which in turn.makes it difficult to make sure the page appears correctly.

Is there any method for changing this so it always rounds backwards? In this case, the ticket start sale time would be 8:30 a.m.

I have been through resetting everything to 2016 theme and disabling all the plugins. Please don’t ask for that again! 🙂

Thanks,
    Craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

If you go to your Edit Event page and click on the pencil on the right to edit your ticket, you can edit your Start Date/Time under the Advanced dropdown for your ticket and Save Changes, then Update your event.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Craig
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

That is what we’ve been doing from the beginning. Can you please ask the developers how the time is set and ask if there’s a way to override having it round up and instead have it round down?

Thanks,
    Craig

Hi Craig,

This is just what the setting does automatically.  You can alter when you’d like the ticket to start selling before you save the ticket so that you do not run into this issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Craig
    Participant

Actually, I can’t alter it backwards in time. And since it automatically adjusts forward, it’s impossible to see the tickets until the top or bottom of the hour. That means my clients have to just trust the tickets will show up or wait up to 15 minutes to do a test. It’s not a great user experience if someone can’t see what their page will actually look like.

Again…can you please ask if there is something to be done about this? It’s frustrating to spend a couple hours trying to figure out why tickets aren’t showing up only to have you say “you can adjust it” when actually I can’t adjust it in a way that helps with the issue I described.

Thank you,
    Craig

Hi Craig,

I just want to make sure that we are on the same page.  Just to clarify, are you saying that you cannot alter the Start Date/Time of your ticket sales?  The only situation in which the Start Time is automatically added is when there is no Start Time added in the first place.

You should be able to do so here:

Let me know if you are seeing something different!

Thanks,

Jaime

Craig
    Participant

I am able to add those times. But what I want to be able to do is to always see the tickets after I save the event by going to the published page.

That is not always possible due to the way earliest time the tickets can be available, which is rounded up to the next half hour.

Like I said before…

So if I save a ticket at 8:47 a.m., it will be rounded up to 9:00 a.m. as the ticket sale start time. That makes viewing the ticket impossible for another 13 minutes, which in turn.makes it difficult to make sure the page appears correctly.

Thanks,
    Craig

Hi Craig,

Using your example, if you set up a ticket at 8:47am, you can set the Start Time for 8:30am, then save the ticket, so that your ticket can start selling immediately.

The Start Time is only rounded up to the next half hour if you do not enter anything in the Start Time field.

Does this make sense?

In addition, we have released an update for Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus, so I’d recommend updating your plugins to ensure that everything is running optimally.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Craig
    Participant

Your statement that it only rounds up if nothing is entered in is not true.

At 5:47 am, I entered in a ticket to start selling at 5:30 am server time. When I saved it, the start sale time changed to 6:00 a.m. server time.

So no ticket appeared like I mentioned in the first message. I went through the process of updating all your plugins first.

Thanks,
    Craig

Hi Craig,

I tested this functionality earlier when I sent you my previous message, and things worked as I described, which is expected behavior.  It sounds like something may not be functioning properly on your site.

In that case, could you please provide us with your complete updated system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

In addition, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see.

In the meantime, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket Sale Start Date Rounding Up So Can't See Tickets’ is closed to new replies.