Ticket prices not showing consistently in list view, events still migrating

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Ticket prices not showing consistently in list view, events still migrating

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Heather Acton
    Participant

Hi there,

We have another ticket in regarding the loss of formatting on imported Eventbrite events, but we have 2 other lingering issues as well.

1) In our list view (https://petersongarden.org/calendar/) the ticket prices aren’t showing up reliably. Summer Preserving – Seasonal Fruit Jam has tickets associated with it, but the prices don’t show up on the list view. However, they do for some events like Feasts of Resistance – Nepal & Burma. The issue seems to lie with tribe_get_cost and a filter for filter_get_cost in the eventbrite plugin /src/Tribe/Main.php around line 1031 – for some reason the cost isn’t always getting picked up.

At one point a couple weeks ago we had manually reimported all of the events (and fixed the formatting since that was lost), and at that point the ticket prices were displaying reliably on all but one event. But, since then they have stopped displaying on some again.

2) Maybe related, but the message in our wp-admin “Currently migrating Eventbrite events to ensure proper data is displayed when editing.” has not gone away since we updated to version 4.5 of the plugin. And, I have a feeling this may be “breaking” the manual re-imports we have done. Just additional info for right now – not sure if we should stop that process or if there’s another issue with that migration script.

Any help is appreciated. We just switched a client to this system RIGHT before the 4.5 update, because it was a reliable solution before then, so hoping to help get this solution as reliable as the legacy import and keep our client happy.

Thanks much!
    Heather

Hi Heather,

Thanks so much for reaching out again here!

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Heather Acton
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve reverted to Twenty Seventeen and disabled all plugins not needed for
    this section, but both issues still exist. Note this event (
    https://petersongarden.staging.wpengine.com/event/summer-preserving-seasonal-fruit-jam/)
    that has Eventbrite tickets with prices, but in the list view (
    https://petersongarden.staging.wpengine.com/calendar/?tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=list),
    the ticket prices don’t show like they do on Feasts of Resistance on
    https://petersongarden.staging.wpengine.com/calendar/?tribe_paged=2&tribe_event_display=list.
    That’s just one clear example.

Also, on staging the notice “Currently migrating Eventbrite events to
    ensure proper data is displayed when editing.” still is up as well.

Thanks much,
    Heather

Hi Heather,

Thanks for running through that testing.

As a first step, can you go into Events > Settings > API and reconnect to your Eventbrite account?

Also, can you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see?

Let me know if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

Heather Acton
    Participant

Hi There,

Somehow this message got lost in our inbox. We are still seeing this issue. I reconnected the API and we are not getting any errors on the server. In the console log there are no errors and in the wordpress debug log there are no errors.

In addition to the event prices not showing up on the event landing page, the ticket prices at the bottom of the individual events seem to come and go. Currently this event is not showing tickets in the individual event view. It was before so I don’t know if it will show when you look. https://petersongarden.org/event/food-bowl-chicago-food-swap/

Please let me know next steps to resolving this.

Thanks,

Heather

Hi Heather,

I’m sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue.

I tried importing the event you mentioned from Eventbrite and was able to see the ticket fields on my test site.

If you go to the Edit Event page for that event on your site, do you have Display tickets on event page checked?

Like this:

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Heather Acton
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

The show tickets option is selected for that event. The ticket prices showed up for this event previously and are now showing up on events where they once were not showing up. The issue seems to come and go across all events without us making any changes. If you look at the same site, you will also notice that only one event is showing ticket prices on the event landing page at the moment. Those prices seem to come and go as well.

Thanks,

Ellie

Hi Ellie,

Are all of these events listed publicly?

Can you try flushing your permalinks by going to Settings < Permalinks and Save Changes.  You will want to clear your browser and site cache as well after doing this.

Also, can you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see?

Thanks,

Jaime

Heather Acton
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

All events are listed publicly. I flushed the permalinks. No errors are displaying. These issues have been going on for quite some time now, since the last time we updated the Eventbrite plugin. Up to that point, everything worked great.

Thanks,

Ellie

Hi Ellie,

Can you take a screenshot of how that event looks on the backend in the Edit Event page?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Heather Acton
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Ellie,

Are you still seeing the “Currently migrating…” message on the backend?

In the meantime, can you try this with a fresh WordPress install and see if the issue still occurs there?

Thanks,

Jaime

Heather Acton
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Ellie,

Thanks for providing me with all of that information.

When I click on the links you provided, I don’t see the Eventbrite tickets appear, however they do appear upon reloading the page.

I’m not able to replicate this behavior when I import the same events onto my own site.

Can you try flushing your permalinks by going to Settings < Permalinks and Save Changes.  You will want to clear your browser and site cache as well after doing this.

I’m wondering if this may be an issue with your Eventbrite API, can you try removing it and re-authenticating as well.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Heather Acton
    Participant

Hello Jamie,

Refreshing the page occasionally makes the tickets appear for me but more often than not, it does not make them appear. I have re-authenticated the API and reset the permalinks on both sites and it did not help. You had me take these steps previously and they did not help then either.

We have checked everything on our end and tried this on a clean install, I cannot imagine we are the only people having this issue. The issue began immediately after your update the the Eventbrite plugin before that it worked great. Is it possible the issue is on your end, not mine?

Thanks,

Ellie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket prices not showing consistently in list view, events still migrating’ is closed to new replies.