Ticket Number Glitches

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket Number Glitches

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    theamua
    Participant

I’m having serious problems with ticket quantities. I’ve read through the help articles and nothing fixed it. The events overview page shows more tickets than are actually available, the event page shows the number of tickets actually available, then when you go to add to cart it says sold out! I’ve not been able to sell any tickets for over a month now. Please help!

Please go to https://theamua.com/events to try for yourself

Hi Ashley,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Does this happen with one particular event or with all of your events?

I’m not seeing Event Tickets Plus in your list of plugins, do you have the most recent version installed and activated on your site?  If not, please go ahead and do so.

In the meantime, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

theamua
    Participant

Can I just get a refund? I’ve tried those things, and I’m not changing my
    theme to accommodate this plugin.

Thanks,
    Ashley

Ashley Driver Lords
    President & Executive Director
    Academy of Make Up Arts
    Office: 615-925-9963 Ext. 700

It’s only art if you’re good at it!

Hi Ashley,

One other option I’d encourage you to try is a plugin called Health Check, which can essentially mimic a bare install which your users still see your live site as it is.

Let me know if this helps and if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

theamua
    Participant

Please check the site again. This is so much trouble for me. 🙁

theamua
    Participant

The ticket numbers are still wrong in the twenty-sixteen theme, in troubleshooting mode.

theamua
    Participant

Here’s a loom video of what’s happening… https://www.useloom.com/share/c54ab82749a74ad2966f8758367b5287

Barry

Hi @theamua,

I’m really sorry to hear this and wanted to pop by and see if I could help further (Jaime is out this week, though will be back soon).

Please check the site again.

I did and can see the problem you are describing, but at least initially I cannot replicate the same thing locally. I’ve got a few questions for you that might help to develop our picture of the problem:

• Were these particular tickets created before you upgraded to 4.7? Have you noticed if the same problem occurs with any new tickets created after that point?
    • What are the stock settings for those tickets (for example, are they “shared capacity” or something else?
    • Have any refunds been processed in relation to any ticket orders?

Additionally, if you were happy to provide a database dump (plugins like Duplicator provide one pretty easy way of doing this and often a web host will be happy to provide the same) and are happy to share it, I’d definitely be interested in taking a look – this might give us the insights we need.

Note that database dumps/the output of Duplicator is often pretty large in size, so it may be best to upload to a service such as Google Drive or Dropbox in the first instance and share a link with us via a private reply.

Can I just get a refund? I’ve tried those things, and I’m not changing my theme to accommodate this plugin.

We’d really love to work with you to resolve this, but if you do prefer to request a refund you can apply for one via the form on this page.

You are outside of our 30-day refund window, but we may be able to make an exception in this case (please do reference this topic in your refund application so that the team have the right context).

Thanks!

theamua
    Participant

The problem occurred with older and new ticketed events.
    I’ve experimented with shared and unshared.
    One refund for an unpaid/unprocessed order was issued for Claire Mints, but
    the problem existed before that, too.

I don’t understand where these numbers are coming from at all. 🙁

I backed up the site with Updraft. Will that help, or should I install
    Duplicator? Link:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CwmUhwQRxScGikxVeTc6UhWpndgWJ6DG

Thank you,
    Ashley

*Ashley Driver Lords*
    President & Executive Director
    Academy of Make Up Arts
    Office: 615-925-9963 Ext. 700

*It’s only art if you’re good at it!*

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for your response.  Just to confirm, if you create a new test ticket, do you see the same issue?

Can you take a screenshot of the backend of one of your tickets where you are seeing this issue, so that I can try to replicate things on my end?

Also, can you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see?

It looks like we do not have access to the link that you provided.  If you’d like to provide a database dump, you can use the Duplicator plugin (or something similar) to provide us with that information.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

theamua
    Participant

My newest ticket, for Body Painting Workshop, seems to be working fine- YAY!

The other tickets are still being weird.

Link to dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oq1alux20c3ypg5/AADgUdli9W7oRFuaMOfdxWBEa?dl=0

Debugging is enabled.

Hi Ashley,

I’m glad to hear that your new ticket appears to be working correctly!  Are you able to re-create one of the tickets that was not working properly and see if that resolves the issue?

You can try moving the ticket, as in the following tutorial:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-tickets/

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

theamua
    Participant

Re-creating the tickets has made them “more correct”.

But look at the screenshots below…

theamua
    Participant

Here’s another…

Hi Ashley,

Okay, thanks for providing me with those screenshots.  What does the first ticket look like when you expand it (by clicking on the pencil icon)?

Also, we have just released an update to our plugins.  Would you mind updating and see if that helps to resolve your issue?

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket Number Glitches’ is closed to new replies.