ticket information

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus ticket information

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by John Paul.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John Paul
    Participant

Hi,

the tickets sent to customers do not specify the date and time of the event.

Is there a way to enable this? if not do you have a tutorial? this must be quite a common request.

Regards

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I hope you’re doing well.

We have an extension that will allow you to add custom fields to the ticket order form. You can find it by following this link. The setup instructions are also available on that page.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions and I’ll be happy to assist!

Best Regards,

Juan

John Paul
    Participant

Hi, I am not sure that does help. as I understand it, the custom order fields are used to collect more information from the user e.g. choice of meal plans.

What we are talking about here is the date the event is set for. This is information the admin creates about each event by adding into your plugin the date and time of the event. This information is used by your plugin to sort and list the events in date order in the views. Therefore, it would make a lot of sense for this meta data to be added to the emailed ticket so the person who has bought the ticket has a full record of the event.

I notice in your plugin , there is a file called ”email.php” and in it there is code which filters wehter or not the event date should be included in the ticket email, which defaults to false. the code starts from line 291 where $event_date = null;

Therefore , if you have created this filter, it must be possible to turn it on. So , how to do this ?? 😉

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Thank you very much for the follow-up.

Ok, I now understand. You can add the following code to your theme’s functions.php file in order to include the event date in the ticket email:

https://gist.github.com/juanfra/60d3fc59bdc0468559de6e7ea01a48fe

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions in the meantime please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Juan

John Paul
    Participant

That’s fantastic my friend !!

I thought it would be possible with some code such as that in the functions.php file and I could see the function/ filter name and it should be set to ‘true’, but was not totally sure of the syntax.

I am working my way through various PHP courses and can now better find and read the code in php files, but haven’t quite got to the stage of fully understanding all the syntax needed.

Again, many thanks !!

juanfra
    Keymaster

Thank you 🙂

That’s great, PHP will enable you to do really unique things with WordPress, so best luck with that and keep it up ??

Have a nice day,

Juan.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘ticket information’ is closed to new replies.