Ticket Email STILL Not Sending

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Ticket Email STILL Not Sending

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Johanne
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been using your plugins for over a year now with my client and finally bought a bundle of them hoping that my problems would resolve once all plugins are up to date. Wrong.

The issue is that ticket emails are not sending. My orders are going to complete instead of processing and then complete.

I’ve have done all your troubleshooting docs and etc…. I have Postman for my emails and sometimes the tickets send, sometimes not. They never send if I try to send manually, it reports as spam and doesn’t send.

This issue has been happening for over a year as I have gone through all of the tickets and replies and no answer has been found by your team. People are still having issues with something that should be pretty simple. Having the option to download the ticket would fix this problem and make many of us happy.

What is the absolute fix for this? I’m feeling buyers remorse and after dropping $500USD on your plugins, i’m very disappointed because the basics don’t work.

Please help as I feel if this isn’t resolved i will be asking for a refund and switching ticketing systems.

Geoff B.

Good evening Johanne and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the tickets not sending for so long. Yikes!
    I would love to help you with this topic.

You are right, being able to download the ticket is a great idea and I see you have opened a user Voice ticket for this: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/17558332-add-the-option-to-allow-the-user-to-download-the-e

Hopefully it gets lots of votes and moves forward.

With that in mind, I am pretty confident that by working together, we should be able to get to the bottom of your tickets not sending issue.

The absolute fix depends is going to be very specific to your situation. We first need to troubleshoot together to find the cause. Without running some tests, it will be hard to tell what the cause is. Probable causes are:

1. Some conflict with your WordPress theme or with one of your plugins
    2. Some snippet or plugin forcing the order status to “Complete” when it shouldn’t.
    3. Some issue related to the SMTP address you are using with Postman

And, to your point, the tickets being sent should not depend on how much you have spent.

Before we continue, the good news is you are fully entitled to a refund on the extra plugins if you want one since you are within 30 days of your purchase. To obtain the refund, you just need to follow the procedure described here.

But back to the  issue at hand for a second, here are some of the next steps I would like to take to solve the issue:

1. I am noticing mixed content messages on your site (http versus https). You might want to look into that as this can result in surprising behaviour. In this case, it looks like some URLs need fixing. You might like the following plugin to help with that: https://wordpress.org/plugins/ssl-insecure-content-fixer/
    2. Would it be possible to send me a screenshot (in a private reply) of your settings for Postman ?
    3. Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
      This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Hang in there as we take this to the next step.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Johanne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Johanne
    Participant

Oh and those plugins have been updated! 🙂

Geoff B.

Good evening Johanne,

Thank you for writing back and providing more details.

1. It looks like there are still images with a non-secure URL (e.g.: http://themobspress.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/mobspress_white-e1448553340821.png), you might want to check into that
    2. Thank you for that screenshot. Since you are mentioning that the problem is intermittent, I am wondering if this has to do with either:
      1. The method used to send the email (your webhost might have several ones in place). Typically the more secure the method, the better
      2. Perhaps your need to make sure that your DKIM, SPF, Sender-ID, and Domain Keys are setup properly. You can read about it here:
        https://sendgrid.com/blog/10-tips-to-keep-email-out-of-the-spam-folder/
      3. Maybe it would be worth trying another email address (e.g.: gmail) as the sending address.
      4. Perhaps you might want to temporarily switch over to a plugin such as : wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/ . Postman is great, but we want to leave no stone unturned and this plugin has been tried and tested (it even features a testing section).

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Johanne
    Participant

HI Geoff,

Sorry for the delay in response,

I have fixed the https images that we’re not SSL

I tried using easy-wp-smtp but did not succeed. I will try again.

I have found a way to send the ticket to myself through the plugin Woocommerce Emil Customizer. I have no problem sending emails to myself and sometimes it works for the user. It seems that if ticket emails go out too often, they don’t get sent. Meaning after I send 2, the 3rd won’t go.

I’ll be back with my Easy WP SMTP update.

Than you

Jo

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Johanne,

Thank you for running those tests.
    For good measure I went on your site and it looks like some new mixed content (images from the last couple of years) is showing up on your home page.

You might have to review the URL of the images that feed the slider as a starting point.

I am glad you found a temporary workaround.

If you get the chance, it would be nice to see what happens with another email address (for testing purposes).

If that still does not work out, it looks like there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1. A conflict with another plugin
    2. A conflict with your WordPress theme
    3. A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website) and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know what you find out.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Johanne
    Participant

Hello!

It’s been awhile!

I think (fingers crossed) I have found the solution. I have set my mail to send from Gmail and that has been working.

Thank you for your patience. I really hope you guys consider adding the tickets as a downloadable PDF. Many of my customers sign into their account to see if their ticket is there.

Cheers

Jo

Geoff B.

Good evening Jo,

It is nice to hear from you!

I am super stoked that you found a workaround!

I know it is not quite the same, but I thought you would like to know that the following related feature is planned: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/5486386-tickets-attached-to-emails-as-pdfs

Is there anything else I can help you with ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Johanne
    Participant

Thank you!

I’ve opened another thread about the IPNs and Paypal.

We’re done here.

Thank you veery much for your help and time!

Much appreciated.

Cheers

Jo

Geoff B.

Good evening Jo,

Thank you for your kind words. It’s truly appreciated.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great weekend!

Geoff B.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Ticket Email STILL Not Sending’ is closed to new replies.