The iCal plugin I purchased today is not working.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator The iCal plugin I purchased today is not working.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

The iCal plugin I purchased today is not working. All the past support issues say to upgrade servers, reduce date range, segment imports, disable and test without other plugins, disable and test with TwentyFourteen theme – all of which I have done. It is still not working.

There seem to be many others with this problem, now that I’ve purchased the plugin.

How can I get this to work?

What information for you need from me.

Cliff

Hi, John. Thanks for your purchase, and I’m sorry you’re experiencing this.

Just to be thorough, here are our recommended troubleshooting steps, FYI:

===

Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to TwentySixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any PHP errors you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts mode).

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

===

However, for iCal Importer-related issues, there’s another piece of the puzzle: the iCal file you’re wanting to import.

Could you please make sure it validates at http://severinghaus.org/projects/icv/ and, if it doesn’t, try to fix it before trying to import via our software. If it does validate but our iCal Importer isn’t handling it properly, please describe exactly what you’re experiencing and share the iCal URL with us so we can investigate further.

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

John
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Does your iCal feed validate with another validator, such as http://icalendar.org/validator.html?

You might also want to ask Google support why their iCal export for this specific calendar/user account is not validating (if it really is not).

John
    Participant

It did not validate. Screenshot attached saying the file size was too large. I tried imported only a few months of events – and received the error below with console details.

Cliff

For that screenshot showing the console error, it’s a 500 on admin-ajax.php. Do you have a code snippet somewhere that blocks access to it? If not, please check with your web host why that is resulting in a 500 error. It definitely shouldn’t be; it’s the file that enables WordPress to do Ajax on both the front-end and back-end.

John
    Participant

Hi Cliff-
    I still cannot get this plugin working after 3 weeks of trying.

I logged in today to find out this plugin is now in legacy mode and I’ve been encouraged to purchase a different plugin Event Aggregator. Not the best thing to hear after 20 hours of troubleshooting this plugin.

Can you change me license to Event Aggregator? Or do you have a refund policy? The iCal plugin never worked.

I’m super happy with the Calendar Pro plugin.

John

Cliff

John, sorry to hear that.

You already have an Event Aggregator license in https://theeventscalendar.com/license-keys/, and I extended your license for it an extra 2 months for the troubles.

Please reference Moving to Event Aggregator to fully switch over to Event Aggregator (EA) and stop using iCal Importer.

Please let me know how EA works out for you!

John
    Participant

Hi Cliff-
    The EA plugin worked great.

The iCal plugin never worked. It seemed to be discontinued and replaced a few days after I purchased it. Can I get a refund for that purchase of the iCal Importer plugin?

John

Cliff

This reply is private.

John
    Participant

Thanks for the speedy reply, Cliff.

If I purchase a new license for EA – can you refund me for the iCal plugin? I’m happy to pay more, if needed.

I want to make sure my account is in order.

Right now, my account is all about my one-year license rights to the iCal plugin that did not work and seems to be going away eventually.

I would rather have records show a one-year license for EA. That plugin was great.

Cliff

All iCal Importer purchases were given EA for free.

You can see all this in your Licenses page.

There’s no need for you to pay any more. I really do think everything’s setup well for you for what you said you wanted.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘The iCal plugin I purchased today is not working.’ is closed to new replies.