The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets Version 3.9.3

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets Version 3.9.3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    paulblacker
    Participant

Dear Support Forum,
    Today we have noticed this line of code at the head of our site:

Warning: array_diff(): Argument #2 is not an array in /customers/8/3/4/thecpdgroup.com/httpd.www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/lib/tribe-eventbrite.class.php on line 221 Warning: array_diff_assoc(): Argument #2 is not an array in /customers/8/3/4/thecpdgroup.com/httpd.www/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/lib/tribe-eventbrite.class.php on line 222

After a little trial we found it to be the plugin: The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets Version 3.9.3
    To stop the error message showing I have had to deactivate the plugin but now I am unable to import any new events.
    What has happened and have you got a fix for this error?

George
    Participant

Hey Paul,

I’m very sorry for the trouble here! I’m curious, if you re-activate the plugin, and then immediately after activating you head to Settings > Permalinks in your site’s admin area, does anything improve if you just click “Save Changes” on that page?

You don’t actually need to change anything on that page, just click “Save Changes” – this causes the rewrite rules on your site to refresh, which may help here.

Let us know what you find!

Thanks,
    George

paulblacker
    Participant

Hi George,
    I tried that but unfortunately it hasn’t resolved the issue. If I change the permalink to “post name” the error code is removed from the head of the site but my event listings page still won’t display.

Rob

Hey there! We pushed a 3.9.4 release last night to address this issue. Has anyone had a chance to update and confirm whether or not things are running more smoothly for them? Let us know…and thanks for your patience so far 🙂

Mathieu
    Participant

I have version 3.9.4. and I have the same problem.

George
    Participant

Hi Mathieu,

When you say “Same problem”, can you clarify exactly what you mean?

I’d recommend trying the “save permalinks” trick I recommended above in the meantime.

Thanks!
    George

Mathieu
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve just tried to deactivate and then activate the Eventbrite application and then went directly to permalinks and seved them. The same issue occurs.

Here’s what it says: “Warning: array_diff() [function.array-diff]: Argument #2 is not an array in D:\inetpub\vhosts\experiencefood.ca\httpdocs\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets\lib\tribe-eventbrite.class.php on line 223

Warning: array_diff_assoc() [function.array-diff-assoc]: Argument #2 is not an array in D:\inetpub\vhosts\experiencefood.ca\httpdocs\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets\lib\tribe-eventbrite.class.php on line 224”

That is at the top of the page and the page refuses to scroll down or up. I’m using to Moesia template.

Thank you,

Mathieu Samson-Savage

Mathieu
    Participant

I’ve just tried to change the permalinks to post name like paulblacker and the error message is gone, but I still don’t have access to any of the eventbrite for events calendar functions. I am having issues with the authorization and I’m started another support thread about this. Should I wait until I have the authorization issue resolved before I look into this further?

George
    Participant

Hey Mathieu,

In your post above, you wrote this:

I’ve just tried to deactivate and then activate […]

You might have just misspoken or something here, but it seems from your writing that all you’ve down so far is simply deactivate and then re-activate the Eventbrite plugin.

This is not sufficient to address the problems you report here.

The 3.9.4 update addresses the bugs you’ve reported, so it seems like your site is just not running the actual 3.9.4 update.

Do you run through the actual update process, and do you see the version number 3.9.4 in your admin’s “Plugins” page? Even if so, you may find it necessary to manually delete the existing Eventbrite Tickets plugin files from your site’s /wp-content/plugins/ directory and manually upload files from the 3.9.4 update (which you can access at http://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads) to replace the deleted version.

I hope this makes sense and is helpful – let us know if either is the case! 🙂

— George

paulblacker
    Participant

I recently viewed your bug pix for 3.9.4. See below:
    ….This is not sufficient to address the problems you report here.

The 3.9.4 update addresses the bugs you’ve reported, so it seems like your site is just not running the actual 3.9.4 update.

Do you run through the actual update process, and do you see the version number 3.9.4 in your admin’s “Plugins” page? Even if so, you may find it necessary to manually delete the existing Eventbrite Tickets plugin files from your site’s /wp-content/plugins/ directory and manually upload files from the 3.9.4 update (which you can access at http://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads) to replace the deleted version.

I have followed these instructions but we are still having the same issue with code displaying in the header area and not allowing us to import events.

When will an officially approved and tested fix be ready?

George
    Participant

Hey Paul,

Any public release we make is officially approved, and exhaustively tested – mistakes do occasionally happen 🙂 But we take our customers’ sites very seriously and do everything we can to not break anything on them.

A very, very large number of people have updated to 3.9.4 and not encountered your issues here, and I am failing to reproduce your errors on my own site, so the evidence points to there being something specific about your site, your server, your instance of the plugin files, or a combination of all of these things that is causing this.

I am truly sorry about the frustration you’ve run into with this, but please don’t give up on us! We’ve put an immense amount of time into these updates and they should work on your site. If you’re willing to get this working, here some actionable steps from this point that I would recommend:

1. We pushed a new update, 3.9.5 now, to address further specific bugs that arose based on people’s unique server environments and such. So I’d recommend updating to this version and seeing if anything improves.

2. If nothing improves, then reset your server’s file permissions to ensure that all the files for our plugin are readable and executable by your server. The permissions you want to enforce are basically to have the /wp-content directory on your site owned by the web server with permissions set to 755 recursively. If none of that makes sense, contact your site admin/developer or your web hosting support and ask them to ensure this configuration is arranged.

3. If you do step 2 and nothing improves, then head to your site’s wp-config.php file and change this line of code:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

to this:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

Then, try to produce the same problems you reported here, and see if PHP errors display as you do them. If they do, copy and paste the whole errors into a forum response here so we can see them.

4. If even by this point nothing is improving, and no errors pop up, then run through the troubleshooting steps outlined here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

Try to reproduce your errors after each step in that process, noting any PHP errors if they arise, and let us know what you find.

I’m sorry about your problems here Paul – these steps above may seem tedious, but they’re actually quite simple to run through and should us rule out most, if not all, possible sources of the problem here.

Thank you for your patience!

paulblacker
    Participant

Hi George,
    Thank you for this detailed Instruction on how to deal with the issue, however when we got to section 3 amending the wp-config file, the alteration completely crashed our site causing a complete and total rebuild. To say my confidence in Your team has been damaged is a total understatement. Now having rebuilt the site to somewhere near its previous incarnation I plan to see if we have a conflicting plugin issue and keep you informed. The damage this is causing to our business is truly annoying. To say “we are only human” is not an excuse myself or any other members using this premium plugin should accept and if the next few trials do not work out I will be removing this plugin altogether with obvious consequences.

paulblacker
    Participant

Ok fans. So now as a follow up and as promised, we have tried all the combinations of activate/deactivate plugins. The code displaying in the header seems to have gone now but every time I activate The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets 3.9.5 and go to:

…/?post_type=tribe_events page

This does nothing but the hanging wheel of death for a few minutes then will not display anything, leaving us with a blank screen.

I guess this is progress?

George
    Participant

Hey Paul,

The “we are only human” excuse may not be acceptable to you, but that’s fine, because we have not made that excuse.

Instead, we have poured dozens, if not hundreds, of hours into extensively testing every single release we’ve made here, and have been working with you on your issue here in the forums and taking your problems very seriously.

Before being so quick to assume that our plugin is to blame, your site’s behavior is very odd and indicative of other problematic code on your site that is causing the problems, not just something wrong with our code.

At this time you are the only person encountering these exact problems – our thorough testing has not made led us to reproduce these errors, and no other customers have reported your exact issues either.

So, while I genuinely do understand how awful and frustrating this stuff can be (I own and run a bunch of sites myself, as do most of us here on the team – we feel your pain!), please stick with us and don’t give up here.

Especially now, because yes, as you mention, the lack of “White screen of death” is some progress relatively.

There are a few further questions I can think of here:

1. What version of PHP are you running on your site?
    2. If you deactivate Eventbrite so that your site works, can you go to Events > Settings > Help in your admin, and copy and paste your whole “System Information” block of info here into the thread? You can make it in a separate reply here by itself to help “section it off” a bit if you’d like.

I don’t doubt how frustrating it is to have a broken site Paul. We genuinely understand your frustration and want to help resolve it as fast as possible. But please understand the uniqueness of your issue here, and how complex a WordPress site can be – two factors that can lead to a frustratingly not-immediate pace for resolving problems like yours on your site.

We’re willing to work on this and are, and want your site to work as well as it should – thank you for being patient with us thus far, and for any further patience you can muster while we keep working on this.

Sincerely,
    George

paulblacker
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets Version 3.9.3’ is closed to new replies.