Sync all calendar events with Google

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Sync all calendar events with Google

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    sloclassical
    Participant

Hi!

I have clicked “export events” on our Events Calendar, and uploaded the ics file to my Google calendar, but it is only showing the events from the month I was in. How do I export all the events from the calendar in an ics? And if updates or additions are made in Events Calendar, will they sync to the exported Google Calendar?

Thank you!

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I’d be happy to help with your question.

By default, the “export events” will only export the events that are showing in the current view. However, we do have an extension that allows you to export an entire year at a time. https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/advanced-ical-export/

Using our Premium extension Event Aggregator you can synch events from google calendar to your WordPress site, but not the other way around.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any additional questions about this.

Thanks,
    Sky

sloclassical
    Participant

Hi Sky,

I see what the ical url needs to be, thank you, and I’ve installed the extension. Now where do I put this url in WP in order to customize our Export Events button?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

If you are wanting to replace the default “Export Events” button link, there are a few filters that you can use. Note that the value of this is normally set via Javascript, so that it adapts to the view that is currently on the screen. In order to replace the original markup and prevent the Javascript from changing it, you would need to do something like this:

add_filter('tribe_get_ical_link', 'my_test_ical_link');
    function my_test_ical_link($link) {
    return 'https://google.com';
    }
    add_filter('tribe_events_force_filtered_ical_link', 'my_disable_js_ical_link');
    function my_disable_js_ical_link() {
    return true;
    }

Just replace the link with the one you want to use and then add this code to your theme’s functions.php file or to a functionality plugin.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions about this.

Thanks,
    Sky

sloclassical
    Participant

I entered the code as you have it, and got the following error:
    Your PHP code changes were rolled back due to an error on line 325 of file wp-content/themes/astra-child/functions.php. Please fix and try saving again.
    syntax error, unexpected ‘tribe_events_force_filtered_ic’ (T_STRING), expecting ‘;’

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Did you copy and paste the exact code that I posted? I have this working on my test site. It doesn’t make sense that it would throw that error in the middle of the filter name.

Can you share your functions.php file with me through https://gist.github.com/?

Thanks,
    Sky

sloclassical
    Participant

This is what is in my functions.php file (I don’t have GitHub):

add_filter(‘tribe_get_ical_link’, ‘my_test_ical_link’);
    function my_test_ical_link($link) {
    return ‘https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37100?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en’;
    }
    add_filter(‘tribe_events_force_filtered_ical_link’, ‘my_disable_js_ical_link’);
    function my_disable_js_ical_link() {
    return true;
    }

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

I’m not sure if the code is getting altered when you paste it into the editor here or not, but the thing that stands out is that it seems you are using fancy quotes, which won’t work.

You need to replace all the ‘ and ’ with ‘

Hope that helps!

Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Sync all calendar events with Google’ is closed to new replies.