Sychronise images issue – changes timezone and event time

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Sychronise images issue – changes timezone and event time

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marina Harris
    Participant

Hi,

RE: update to import events from Eventbrite.

I am selecting “Do not synchronise images” on an event because the image from the eventbrite page is too small. However, whenever I select that option, then add my new larger image from the WP media library and then update the event, the event timezone changes to Russia (I’m in Western Australia!) and it changes the start time from 10.30am to 9.30am on the eventbrite page. All I want to do is change the image.

I am very concerned that this plugin update is changing the timezone and start time of my events when all I’m doing is changing the image. I am thinking about deleting the plugin – I especially don’t like the continual automatic updating of the event from wordpress to eventbrite, especially when it doesn’t stop the synchronisation of images. Once I’ve imported the event I want to have some separate between the eventbrite entry and my WP entry.

Can you please advise.

Thanks,
    Marina

Hi Marina,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Are you setting this up as a Scheduled Import or a One-time import?  Can you provide me with the URL that you are importing?

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Marina Harris
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

I’m going on annual leave today so will have to revisit this in 3 weeks. I don’t really want to test this issue even in a staging environment because if I make any updates to an event in WordPress (even just pressing the update button) the time zone (changes from WST to Russia?) and start time of the event changes to start 1 hour earlier in Eventbrite – I have even turned the update link off through the event calendar configuration and the changes to the timezone are still happening.
    [cid:[email protected]]

Because these events are live and people are buying tickets via Eventbrite I don’t want to mess with them even for testing. I’ll test it properly when I return (who knows perhaps this issue will happen to another user and it will all be sorted when I get back).

I’ll set up a test Eventbrite account and a staging environment and replicate that way so that if the events change in Eventbrite it won’t matter to customers.

Cheers,

Marina Harris
    Librarian eServices
    p: (08) 9781 1777
    [email protected]:[email protected]

Hi Marina,

Thanks for your response.

Another option would be for you to install the third-party plugin, Health Check, which can mimic a bare WordPress install while your site visitors still see your site the way that it normally appears.

Just to let you know, this thread will self-close in three weeks, so if it closes before you get to testing, feel free to open up a new thread and reference this one, so that we can jump right back in.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Sychronise images issue – changes timezone and event time’ is closed to new replies.