Support for EDD (Thread 2)

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Support for EDD (Thread 2)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ryan
    Participant

Hello Guys,

This is a follow-up to this thread:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/support-for-edd/

It is mentioned that the new event tickets and event tickets plus will replace all other ticketing plugins – which is great, but the one piece of functionality we really need still seems to only sit on the community tickets platform specific to woocommerce. I’ve linked to a screenshot of what I am referring to:

http://pondhole.staging.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/community-tickets.png

Is this front-end reporting functionality slated to be included with the new event tickets and/or event tickets plus add-ons? That is really our last piece of the puzzle.

Note – I had to move my licensed over to the staging site to test the 4.0 updates, thus the staging site URL.

Thanks!

Matt

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using our plugin.

Community Tickets is still just for WooCommerce even with Tickets Plus.

It is possible EDD in Tickets Plus might work, however not with the ticket fees.

I do not have a timeline when EDD might be support for Community Tickets though.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Ryan
    Participant

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the prompt response. Do you provide any custom development that a quote could be provided to get support for EDD withing Community Tickets? We need to find a way to provide our event organizers real-time access to attendees and sales reports without needing to go into the WordPress dashboard.

Thanks,

Matt

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

We do custom development usually on in our website projects and unfortunately, we have a project minimum of $40k.

We have this list of developers that are more budget friendly:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Ryan
    Participant

Hey Brian,

I know this is completely out of the scope of TEC, but thought you might have some insight. Do you know anything about the compatibility between EDD FES (Front End Submissions) and TEC? I see that the EDD FES plugin has a front-end dashboard for vendors. Do you think or know if this is something that could be integrated in to the site to accomplish a front-end sales report dashboard.

Thanks for your continued help.

Best,

Matt

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have not heard of the plugin. The tickets are Downloads under EDD so it might be able to work with them.

So it could be possible, really the only way to find out is to try it out on a dev site and see.

Cheers

Ryan
    Participant

Hey Brian,

I was trying to avoid paying $83 to test it out, but that seems to be the only route. I went ahead and purchased/configured it. The issue I’m running in to is that the add-on doesn’t show tickets (downloads) createded through the event calendar. If I manually create the download using the normal EDD functionality it shows up fine, but if the download (ticket) is created using the ticketing functionality when creating an event, it doesn’t work properly – IE. it shows up like it should everywhere except on the new vendor dashboard created with the FES add-on for EDD. Would you have any guidance on that?

I reached out to that plugin developer as well and am waiting to hear back.

Best,

Matt

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am not sure what the difference would be.

The only thing I can think of is looking the database entry for a ticket download and regular download as well as their meta data and see the difference.

If nothing is different or the changes there do not matter it could potentially be something in EDD Tickets blocking it and I would start looking through that next.

Also, since we create the download through a function maybe it is not adding something the FES Add On Needs that is normally creates within the regular download creation.

Thanks

Ryan
    Participant

Hey Brian,

Unfortunately, delving in the DB and looking through that type of stuff is a bit beyond my skillset. I reached out to EDD support and got what I expected – “Looks like it is something with The Events Calendar. You should reach out to them”.

Needless to say – waste of $83 unfortunately.

Thanks for your help!

Matt

Brian
    Keymaster

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully they have a refund policy.

I am glad to see you were able to figure it out.

I am going to go ahead and close this ticket. Since there is nothing more we can do here. If you have a similar issue or another in the future, please do not hesitate to create a new ticket.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Support for EDD (Thread 2)’ is closed to new replies.