strange links to venues doesn't seem to work after update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO strange links to venues doesn't seem to work after update

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Alexander
    Participant

I’ve updated event calendar pro and deleted the fix you gave us in https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/strange-links-to-venues-and-event-organisers/page/2/#post-1077287

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work for me. I got into the same story with ‘too many redirects’. So I put the fix back. At list it doesn’t show empty page but 404 page which is not very good either.

Sorry.

Geoff B.

Good evening Alexander and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the issue creeping up again 🙁
    We will gladly try to assist you on this topic.

I know you already provided your system information in your previous thread, but could you resend the latest one you have in a private reply ?

Out of curiosity, could you also try re-saving one of the events and telling me if that has any impact ?

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

Alexander
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good morning Alexander,

Thank you for the updated system information.

I did a bit more research on you specific issue. The relatively good news is that this type of issue has indeed been fixed for our other users. So, as you can imagine, we are really looking forward to fixing it for you too.

To leave no stone unturned, we will have to conduct the full battery of tests again (I know this is not fun, but it’s actually the quickest way to pinpoint the issue). I will be doing some of them on my end with the Latvian language specifically.

With that in mind, I would special consideration to the following plugins:

• Loco Translate (if this is how you are getting your translations for our plugin, I would advise against it)
    • W3 total cache (making sure all cache is cleared properly)
    • Post duplicator (if your events have been created using this, it could be a cause)

Furthermore, I would like you to perform 2 additional tests:

• Create a brand new event from scratch and let me know if the issue persists (ideally with every plugin de-activated, the patch functions.php removed, the cache cleared/deactivated AND a default WP theme)
    • Re-save an existing event (under the same conditions as above) and look for the issue.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Alexander
    Participant

Hello Geoff,
    I made my tests with new event with the settings you advised. In all cases result was the same. ‘too many redirects’
    So I put the patch back. With it at east we don’t have irresponsive browser.

waiting for the solution.
    Cheers

Geoff B.

Good evening Alexander,

Thank you for performing additional tests.
    I am sorry these were not more successful for you.

So as promised, I tried to run some tests in the Latvian language, but, much to my surprise, I could not find any po/mo files for it 🙁
    Could you either share with me your own versions of these files or let me know where you found them ?

I am noticing that your theme is using heavy template customization for the events calendar. Can you tell me if there is a tribe-events folder in your WordPress theme’s folder ?

Finally, if you don’t mind, at this point what would be awesome is to get a DB dump of your website (through Dropbox or Google Drive in a private reply).

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Alexander
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Take better Russian, please. They have ru_RU at the end.
    Thank you

Geoff B.

Hello again Alexander,

I went ahead and tested with the Russian language as per your suggestion.
    The venue link and organizer links works on my end in Russian under the Twenty-Fifteen theme. So the good news is that it is possible.

I am pretty sure, there is an issue with your customization or with your existing venues.

So here are the next things I would suggest trying (testing the links at every step of the way). Of course, you need to remove your patch for this:

1. Re-saving the permalinks
    2. Re-saving an existing venue or organizer that you are using
    3. Trying to create a new venue or organizer with a new event
    4. Look at your .htaccess file to see if there are any redirection rules in place (if so, please remove them)
    5. Trying a fresh WordPress install (perhaps locally) with only the Events Calendar plugins and a default WordPress theme

I know this is a lot of testing, but if all else fails, I am very curious to see what the result of the last test would be.

It is possible that your webhost might be one of the causes of this.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘strange links to venues doesn't seem to work after update’ is closed to new replies.