strange links to venues and event organisers

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO strange links to venues and event organisers

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Alexander
    Participant

Thank you

Geoff

🙂

Alexander
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Any news from the Western Front?

Cheers

Geoff

None yet, I’m afraid. I do see the issue has been reported one other time since and we are about to scope our next maintenance release. I’ll let you know if it gets rolled in there.

Thanks for hanging in here with us as we work on this.

Geoff

Alexander
    Participant

got it. Thanks

gdioletis
    Participant

Hi,

is there any hint since I am getting a big problem due to this bug?

For example, can i disable the hyperlink until the bug fix?

Cheers,

George

PS: Take a look!

……………
    [Fri Jan 29 12:51:07 2016] [error] [client 173.245.50.62] (36)File name too long: access to /~~TRIBE~PC~~CF~~TRIBE~PC~~87~~TRIBE~PC~~CF~~TRIBE~PC~~8E~~TRIBE~PC~~CF~~TRIBE~PC~~81~~TRIBE~PC~~CE~~TRIBE~PC~~BF~~TRIBE~PC~~CF~~TRIBE~PC~~82-~~TRIBE~PC~~CE~~TRIBE~PC~~B4~~TRIBE~PC~~CE~~TRIBE~PC~~B9~~TRIBE~PC~~CE~~TRIBE~PC~~B5~~TRIBE~PC~~CE~~TRIBE~PC~~BE~~TRIBE~PC~~CE~~TRIBE~PC~~B1~~TRIBE~PC~~CE~~TRIBE~PC~~B3~~TRIBE~PC~~CF~~TRIBE~PC~~89~~TRIBE~PC~~CE~~TRIBE~PC~~B3~~TRIBE~PC~~CE~~TRIBE~PC~~AE~~TRIBE~PC~~CF~~TRIBE~PC~~82/\xce\xb2\xcf\x81\xcf\x85\xcf\x83\xce\xac\xce\xba\xce\xb9-2/ failed (filesystem path ‘/home/elamazi/public_html/~~TRIBE~PC~~CF~~TRIBE~PC~~87~~TRIBE~PC~~CF~~TRIBE~PC~~8E~~TRIBE~PC~~CF~~TRIBE~PC~~81~~TRIBE~PC~~CE~~TRIBE~PC~~BF~~TRIBE~PC~~CF~~TRIBE~PC~~82-~~TRIBE~PC~~CE~~TRIBE~PC~~B4~~TRIBE~PC~~CE~~TRIBE~PC~~B9~~TRIBE~PC~~CE~~TRIBE~PC~~B5~~TRIBE~PC~~CE~~TRIBE~PC~~BE~~TRIBE~PC~~CE~~TRIBE~PC~~B1~~TRIBE~PC~~CE~~TRIBE~PC~~B3~~TRIBE~PC~~CF~~TRIBE~PC~~89~~TRIBE~PC~~CE~~TRIBE~PC~~B3~~TRIBE~PC~~CE~~TRIBE~PC~~AE~~TRIBE~PC~~CF~~TRIBE~PC~~82’)

………………..
    …………..

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by gdioletis.
    Geoff

Hey there, George!

Sorry you’re running into the same issue here. This snippet was able to correct the issue for me when testing, but didn’t seem to work for Alexander:

function fix_42815_links( $link ) {
    $tribe_placeholder = '~~TRIBE~PC~~';
    if ( false === strpos( $link, $tribe_placeholder ) ) return $link;
    return strtoupper( str_replace( $tribe_placeholder, '%', $link ) );
    }

function fix_42815_redirect( $to, $requested ) {
    return ( str_replace( '\\', '', $to ) === $requested ) ? false : $to;
    }

add_filter( 'post_type_link', 'fix_42815_links' );
    add_filter( 'redirect_canonical', 'fix_42815_redirect', 10, 2 );

You’re certainly welcome to give that a try as well while we work on an official patch for release. You’re also welcome to open a new thread if you’d like direct support.

Cheers!
    Geoff

gdioletis
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

This reply is private.

gdioletis
    Participant

Hello Geoff again,

Can you please tell me in which php file I should add this code..?

Cheers,

George

Geoff

This reply is private.

Alexander
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

It looks I’ve found another place with the same (I think) behaviour.
    When you click on the see all link you get 404

http://yoga22mayak.com/event/%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%8B%D0%B9-%D0%BA%D1%83%D1%80%D1%81-%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%88%D0%B5%D0%B1%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B5-%D0%B7%D0%B5%D0%BB%D1%8C%D0%B5/all/

If this didn’t cause by the bug we are discussing in this thread, please, let me know. I’ll create a separate issue.

Thank you

PS. How long it’ll take to get this bug cleaned up? SEO, false leads for the visitors… unsatisfied site owner You know all these stories. Please, do something.
    Thank you for understanding.

Geoff

Hey Alexander, thanks for following up! This does look like the same issue, so no need to open a new thread for now.

It has definitely been a longer wait between maintenance releases than we typically schedule. The good news is that this issue has been pinned for the next release and I expect it to go out next week barring any unforeseen circumstances.

Thanks so much for your patience while we figure this one out. I know it’s a huge inconvenience and we’ll be able to patch that up soon.

Geoff

gdioletis
    Participant

Hi Geoff

No any reply so far, is there any progress?

The issue is really critical!

Cheers,

George

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by gdioletis.
    KOSTAS
    Participant

Hi, I have the same problem with greek language as mentioned above from Alexander.
    Geoff I tried the solution you provide and it works for me only when I have my Greeklish permalinks plugin deactived.
    I waiting for a permant solution!

Thanks
    Kostas

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘strange links to venues and event organisers’ is closed to new replies.