Stll exporting events with wrong times

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Stll exporting events with wrong times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Claffy
    Participant

So I googled this and tried different setting this am but events are getting added to google and ics as gmt.

I have settings->general->timezone set to Chicago. I am in St. Louis, cst.

I have my Events->Settings->Timezone to Use the local tiemzones…

What else can I check or do? The events should be gmt-6 plus honor dst which is Chicago.

Hunter

Thomas,

Welcome back and thank you for reaching out. Did you review our Testing for conflicts guide to see if you can reproduce the issue? If not, that is a required step to rule out theme and/or plugin conflicts. I’ll also need you to send over your System Information as a private reply.

Keep me posted on the results of your testing and we’ll take the next step. If there is a bug, rest assured we’ll find it! Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your evening. Cheers!

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

There are no conflicts. Can you just give me best practices or point me in a direction rather that just sending me your pat reply of it’s everyone else’s fault? I thought this was PRO support?

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

Epiphany. Pro is the name of the plug-in not the level of suppport. I sorted this out on my own. The dates are controlled by a universal standard and Chicago supports CST. Not intuitive and a best practices would have been much more helpful than a check your plugins comment.

Hunter

Thomas,

I’m happy to hear the issue has been resolved. And I apologize if my response came off as blaming another party or as a pat reply. After answering well over 1,000 threads related to The Events Calendar, I’d say over 50% of issues are caused by another plugin or a custom theme, which we do not provide support for. We clearly state this in our What support is provided for license holders? Knowledgebase article. If something on our website has led you to believe otherwise, please let me know so we can get that addressed.

If we chose to take on every conflict without confirming it is in fact coming from our plugins, we would never be able to release new features, products, and would essentially be a whole different company.

I hope I’ve clarified our position on the matter and if you have any additional questions or feedback, feel free to create a new thread. I recommend reviewing the Testing for conflicts guide prior to doing so to save time all around.

Thanks again for letting me know the issue has been resolved and have a great rest of the weekend. Cheers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Stll exporting events with wrong times’ is closed to new replies.