Still not fixed with new update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Still not fixed with new update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    laughmasters
    Participant

This thread:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/update-doesnt-fix-missing-time-and-date-in-details-section/?action=answer&reply_id=1077153&check=21b5a6711b5a4cdb83804b0d905d2408

Is closed again, although not resolved – you guys have a bad habit of doing that!
    Just made a new event and no time shows up.
    (sigh)

Geoff B.

Good afternoon,

Our apologies about the closed thread. Please note that this is actually non-intentional.
    I won’t bore you with the technical details, but the support droid tends to close some thread that are inactive automatically.

In any case, we’ll keep an eye out for that, thank you for your understanding.

As for the issue not being fixed, even after the latest update. I think we are due for a fresh look on the issue at hand.
    With that in mind, I read all of the previous threads from the beginning (including the comments from other users).

There are 3 things I would ask of you before pursuing this:

1. Could you please forward your current system information in a private reply ?
    2. I noticed that you did not reply to the request of going through the testing procedure. Could you please do that (go through the procedure and share your results about the issue) ?
    3. Could you tell me what are your current time zone settings both in WordPress and in the Events Calendar ?

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

laughmasters
    Participant

1. System Info remains unchanged from our previous submission.

2. Yes, tested.

3. Time Zone settings WP: http://i.imgur.com/YCX2DVm.jpg and TEC: http://imgur.com/PPPmFJX

laughmasters
    Participant

I note that I have this CSS which doesn’t seem to fix the issue either so I’ve commented it out for now:

/* TEC PRO DATE/TIME NOT SHOWING IN DETAILS SECTION FIX DUE TO PLUGIN CLASH W/ VANTAGE THEME */
    /* abbr.tribe-events-abbr.updated { display: block; } */
    /*.tribe-events-abbr.updated { display: block; }*/

Is there another way I can force the TIME to appear?

Geoff B.

Good evening Laughmasters,

Thank you for your reply.

1. System Info remains unchanged from our previous submission.

I’m a bit puzzled about this, as there was no system information submitted in the previous thread (or the one before).
    Could you please provide the complete system information ? This is is actually paramount to resolving the issue you are experiencing as well as conducting tests on our end.

2. Yes, tested.

So you are confirming that the issue you are describing is still present even with a default WordPress theme such as twenty-fifteen ?

The reason I am asking is because based on the a similar thread from Kurt, it looks like the issue might be caused by an older template used in your theme customization:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/latest-update-still-has-problems-with-dates-in-details-block/

Thank you for submitting your timezone information. All is well on this end.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

laughmasters
    Participant

You said to Kurt:

It looks like since it is still there you might be using an older template in your theme here:

yourtheme/tribe-events/modules/meta/details.php

And should be updated from the latest template here:

plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/modules/meta/details.php

But… my path:
    plugins/the-events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/modules/meta/details.php
    is different than Kurts

laughmasters
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening,

Thank you very much for providing the requested information. I know it can seem tedious at times, but it is really helpful for us.

For example, I can tell you that the following plugins are known to not play nicely with our plugins:

• Event Rocket: this might come as a surprise, but it is officially no longer supported since version 4.0 of our plugins. Although it’s possible that it still works for some of our users, for the most part it now breaks different features of the Events Calendar.
    • Jetpack: this one is more on and off, but it can sometimes prevent complete views from working properly (including the Photo view)

So before anything else, I would try deactivating these 2 and see if that makes any difference.

Also, I am noticing that you are using the Duplicate TEC Event plugin. Nothing wrong with that at all per se, but could you see if the issue persists after creating a new event from scratch completely manually ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

laughmasters
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for running these additional tests.

Regarding JetPack specifically, I totally understand where you are coming from.
    However, if you were able to do a sneak test (2 seconds at a low web traffic time), that would settle it once and for all.

As for adding CSS to force the time to display, I a bit at a loss here.
    Looking at http://laugh-masters.com.au/event/improv-level-2-monday-nights-8-weeks-feb-1-mar-21/2016-02-15/ , I can totally see the time in the Details section even though this is a recurring event. Is there something that I am missing ?

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

laughmasters
    Participant

Weird. Those are old events.
    Here are the 4 new ones we just created and none of them show the time in details section:
    http://laugh-masters.com.au/classes/

Brian
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

laughmasters
    Participant

Yes, I do see that.
    We are using WooTickets as well if that helps you troubleshoot.
    And because of that, the first event is most important one to have the time on.
    Thx.

Geoff B.

Hey,

You are in luck, Brian is absolutely one of our best tech and support guys 🙂

I will have to follow-up with him on Monday to see what he has in mind for resolution.

In the meantime, here are my best advice on things to do:

1. After a backup, I would seriously consider making the switch to Event Tickets Plus (WooTickets is not known to behave well with the latest version of our plugins – in fact, it is officially no longer supported with the latest version of our plugins). Here is an article on how to proceed: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/moving-to-event-tickets-plus/
    2. If you do get a chance to do a sneak test (2 seconds at a low web traffic time) of deactivating JetPack, that would make sure no stone is left unturned

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi laughmasters,

It looks like there is a bug dealing with the initial event and the time display.

We are working on a solution, but in the mean time commenting out this line of coding (40ish):

$time_formatted = apply_filters( 'tribe_events_single_event_time_formatted', $time_formatted, $event_id );

to this:

//$time_formatted = apply_filters( 'tribe_events_single_event_time_formatted', $time_formatted, $event_id );

In either this file

or if it is in your theme:

yourtheme/tribe-events/modules/meta/details.php

Will show the time on those initial events until we get it fixed.

I believe it is to late to get it in our 4.0.7 or 4.1 releases, but hope to to get it in 4.1.1 at the latest

If you make the change in the plugin you will have to make it each time an update is made. Changes in the theme will stay on updates.

Let me know if this helps for now.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • The topic ‘Still not fixed with new update’ is closed to new replies.