Some problems with Events Calendar PRO — New user

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Some problems with Events Calendar PRO — New user

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

Hi!

I installed and configured the The Events Calendar PRO plugin, but there were several big and small problems that I ask you to help me.

1) Submit Button is not displaying. Picture 7-1. Submit Button is displayed in my theme with the old version of the plugin (3.9.1, picture 7-2), but after updating the plugin Submit Button is not displayed.

2) In all view types, Datepicker is displayed incorrectly. Picture 2-1. And in the map view Datepicker is not working and not displaying. Picture 2-2.

3) Datepicker is not working and not displaying in the mobile view. Picture 3.

4) Other screen elements overlap Tooltip. Picture 4.

5) In the Map View tribe-events-event-cost is not displayed on the same line with the title, it appears higher than the title. Picture 5-1. In all other view types no such problem. Picture 5-2.

6) In the mobile version of List View span.tribe-event-date-start is not displayed on the same line with div.tribe-events-venue-details. It’s ugly rests on the edge of the block. Picture 6-1 (1). In all other view types no such problem. Picture 6-2.

7) I would like to remove an » item, which stands after Find Out More. Picture 6-1 (2). How can I do that?

Pictures I will put in the comments.

I look forward to your early reply for all items. Thank you.

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

This reply is private.

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

This reply is private.

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

This reply is private.

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

This reply is private.

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

Problem #1 I decided. Please reply to the second problem.

Nico

Howdy Yury,

Welcome to our support forums and thanks for reaching out to us!

Let me start by saying almost every issue you describe seems to be related with the theme you are using, and we cannot support theme specific issues like elements alignment or spacing. I’ll go over each question anyway:

1) Submit Button is not displaying. Picture 7-1. Submit Button is displayed in my theme with the old version of the plugin (3.9.1, picture 7-2), but after updating the plugin Submit Button is not displayed.

Per your last message I understand it’s working now.

2) In all view types, Datepicker is displayed incorrectly. Picture 2-1. And in the map view Datepicker is not working and not displaying. Picture 2-2.

Can you please follow the steps described in our Testing for conflicts guide? This way we can see if this is a problem in our plugin or a conflict with the theme or other installed plugins.

3) Datepicker is not working and not displaying in the mobile view. Picture 3.

Same as above!

4) Other screen elements overlap Tooltip. Picture 4.

This is a theme specific issue, but if you send over a link to the site I can take a look and see if there’s an easy workaround for this.

5) In the Map View tribe-events-event-cost is not displayed on the same line with the title, it appears higher than the title. Picture 5-1. In all other view types no such problem. Picture 5-2.

This is a styling issue as well!

6) In the mobile version of List View span.tribe-event-date-start is not displayed on the same line with div.tribe-events-venue-details. It’s ugly rests on the edge of the block. Picture 6-1 (1). In all other view types no such problem. Picture 6-2.

Other styling issue 🙁

7) I would like to remove an » item, which stands after Find Out More. Picture 6-1 (2). How can I do that?

Well, it’s not as simple as it might seem! This can be removed, but you’ll need to edit a couple of template to remove it (check out our themer’s guide on it). So before explaining out to do this. Do you think this solution works for you or is it a bit of an overkill?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

I would be very grateful if you would really help me set up. Thank you in advance.

2) Yes, I realized all the steps, but it did not help. All the more so with the plugin version 3.9.1 is no such problem, Picture 7.

3) Same! All the more so with the plugin version 3.9.1 is no such problem, Picture 8.

4) This site is now working in the closed mode, I write data to enter the private message. Clarification: other screen elements (e.g. menu header) overlap Datepicker to, when it displayed (version 3.9.1).

7) I am willing to make changes to templates, tell me the details.

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

This reply is private.

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

In addition to in issues 2, 3 and 4 are likely the same problem — overlap. Datepicker, Tooltip and other pop elements must be placed above all others.

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Thanks for following up Yuri! We made some changes since version 3.9.1, theme authors should keep up with these small changes if they support integration with out product. I insist on this because we cannot support theme specific issues, just issues within our code. As stated before I’ll try to help you out anyway as long as they are quick/easy fixes…

2) Yes, I realized all the steps, but it did not help. All the more so with the plugin version 3.9.1 is no such problem, Picture 7.

To get the datepicker to display above all other elements add this CSS snippet to you theme stylesheet or via Simple Custom CSS plugin:

.datepicker {
    z-index: 10 !important;
    }

3) Same! All the more so with the plugin version 3.9.1 is no such problem, Picture 8.

Can you retry with the code above. Again, these are things were our help is limited as the look and feel is modified by the template your site uses…

4) This site is now working in the closed mode, I write data to enter the private message. Clarification: other screen elements (e.g. menu header) overlap Datepicker to, when it displayed (version 3.9.1).

Just add this snippet as explained for #2:

article#post-area {
    overflow: visible;
    }

7) I am willing to make changes to templates, tell me the details.

Perfect, please review the themer’s guide first. Once you are familiarized with the templates override method, you should make a copy of the templates to edit in your theme (or child theme), for example for list view you should work with the following template:

Copy wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/list/single-event.php over to wp-content/themes/your-theme/tribe-events/list/single-event.php and edit line 70:

" class="tribe-events-read-more" rel="bookmark"> »

You’ll just need to remove the & raquo; part.

Please let me know how this goes,
    Best,
    Nico

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

Nico, thank you very much for your help. Things are improving. But please do not throw it in the middle of the road ))
    I propose to go to the finish!

2), 3) Now Datepicker is displayed on the desktop and on the tablet (iPad), but is not displayed on the mobile.
    Also, the problem is that it is displayed at the top of the search string (Picture 9-2). In version 3.9.1 Datepicker position is correct — from the bottom of the search string (Picture 10).
    Please help me to deal with both problems.

4) The problem was successfully solved, thanks!

7) Yes, it worked! But I need to do the same with an Map View. Prompt, what files and lines need to be adjusted.

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

This reply is private.

yuryvasilchenko
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • The topic ‘Some problems with Events Calendar PRO — New user’ is closed to new replies.