Single Event Linking to Random Page on Site

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Single Event Linking to Random Page on Site

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    millcreekpark
    Participant

My plugin works great and I’m only running into this issue on one of my events. I have an event (Ceramic Relief Tiles) that when clicked on somehow links to a random page on my website. There are no links in the event title or description, so I’m not really sure why this is happening on one event. I have hundreds of other events on the site and all of them are unaffected by this problem. I have remade the event from scratch, changed the title, description, etc. and nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Marisa!

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

That seems a strange issue. Let me help you with it.

It looks like there is some kind of redirection once you navigate to that event’s URL. Could you please try flushing your permalinks structure by going to wp-admin > Settings > Permalinks and just click save.

Also, make sure you are using our https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/permalinks-best-practices/ and see if any difference.

If none of the above works, then it can be related to a theme or plugin conflict, so to narrow the problem down please go through the steps provided in the testing for conflicts guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ and let us know what you find in the process.

I can see that you are using a plugin called Quick Page/Post Redirect Plugin. I’m not really familiar with it, but you might want to start by deactivating it and see if something changes.

We suggest you setup a dev/staging site so you can make all these tests without disrupting the live site. We also encourage to make a full backup of your site, both database and files so in case something goes wrong you can always restore your site.

Let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Single Event Linking to Random Page on Site’ is closed to new replies.