Sidebar event details not visible

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Sidebar event details not visible

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 7 months ago by Christian Schoenmakers.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Recurring events are not saving their details that we’ve added into the event’s backend and thus not showing on our sidebar. We currently use an address, Google Map, organisation details.

When we add a new event, the details that we add are saved and showed on the sidebar. However, even after the updates that we’ve done, previously added events are still not saving the details when updating the details.

Since our client’s business is depending on people RSVP’ing to events, they need to show details on their events. You can understand this is an urgent matter.

Cliff

Hi Christian. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

Since this isn’t something I’ve seen before, I’d suggest following our recommended troubleshooting steps (and guessing switching to Twenty Sixteen theme will solve the issue):

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to TwentySixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any PHP errors you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts mode).

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Hi Cliff,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately the problem isn’t solved yet.

I have updatet al the relevant plugins and core. I disabled all the other plugins and switched back to the default theme as written in the Conflicts guide.

The problem still exists. I have created a short video to clarify the problem. See here: https://we.tl/D0XHBQGcYi

I enabled the WP Debug setting and Debug logging, but no errors are showing up. Here you can find some records of the apache error log. https://we.tl/Z1fjY5PLo7
    The browsers console isn’t showing any error.

At this point I have no idea what can cause the problem but it is very annoying. I hope you can help me out!

Thank you in advance,
    Christian

Cliff

Christian, thanks so much for the helpful video and log file.

I noticed from the video you’re not running the latest version of WordPress, which is always recommended. Also, your WP Admin Bar shows another update available.

I’d suggest updating WordPress core and all Modern Tribe plugins to their latest releases.

If that doesn’t help fix the issue, please try switching your site’s language to English. It’s a bit of a longshot, but it might be worth a try.

Please also send a fresh copy of your System Information Report after all updates have been completed if it’s still not working (while still in Testing for Conflicts Mode).

Thanks for your extra effort on this one. Sorry, again, that you’re experiencing it.

Hi Cliff,

Thank you for your response.

I have updatet WordPress to 4.6 now, the other two updates you see are non-Modern Tribe updates (Contact form 7 + Adminimize) so that cannot be the problem.

After the updates I have tried switching the language to English, but unfortunately that doesn’t fix the problem as well.

I have attached a new copy of the System Information here: https://we.tl/IXqDamy2by

Hopefully you can see the problem now so we can fix it.

Thank you in advance,
    Christian

PS. the share a file tool isn’t working? He says my file extension is not accepted.

Cliff

Christian, only image uploads are allowed, but sharing via the links like you have is fine.

Unfortunately, we’ve tried to reproduce this issue and haven’t been able to on PHP 5.x (your initial sysinfo report) or 7.x (your latest sysinfo report, from your localhost site).

Could you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and then run through the Testing for Conflicts again — and share your sysinfo report while in Testing for Conflicts mode so we know exactly how you were testing (if it was done correctly)? Make sure to click through to update an existing event just like your first video in which you showed things not working.

I hope you do find something this time we can reproduce so we can fix this for you.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Sidebar event details not visible’ is closed to new replies.