Showing Up Blank

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Showing Up Blank

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Michelle Jensen
    Participant

My Community page is showing up blank all of the sudden,

http://nerdoutapp.com/calendar/community/add

Courtney

Hello Michelle

Can you start by going through our Testing for Conflicts Guide https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/?  I am wondering if you might have a plugin or theme conflict.  Begin by deactivating all other plugins, using a theme such as Twenty Seventeen https://wordpress.org/themes/twentyseventeen/, and see if the issue still persists. Also, double check for any other updates available (Dashboard » Updates). 

Please let me know if the issue still persists after these tests.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

Did the updates. Deactivated any new plugins and none of them made a difference. When I change my theme it knocks off my Google Analytics so I’d rather not do that.

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

Working on Chrome, but not Safari.

Courtney

Hi Michelle

In order to help further, we’d need all other plugins, not just the new ones, along with your theme. It is the only way to determine if one of these things is the source of conflict. I’d recommend a staging server for this, but if it isn’t possible, you could clone the site into a subdirectory on your server to see if that would work.

Please let me know how these tests go.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

Deactived everything but your guys plugins. Changed it to Twenty Sixteen and still not working.

Courtney

Thanks Michelle

I am unable to look further into this due to the login page. Are you able to provide me with a login as just a user that should be able to access this page?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Courtney

Hello Michelle

I will escalate this matter on to one of our developers. While we wait, it would be most helpful if we could get a few more details together.

Would you mind enabling WP_DEBUG and sharing any PHP errors you see while navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket?

Once you share your WP_DEBUG findings, we may be able to get an idea of any plugin or theme conflicts.

Please enable WP_DEBUG on your site. You’ll need to edit to your site’s wp-config.php file and change this line of code: define('WP_DEBUG', false); to this: define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    (or add this line of code if you can’t find mention of ‘WP_DEBUG’ in your wp-config.php file)

If any errors do appear while navigating your site’s pages, please copy and paste them in their entirety into a new ticket reply — along with the URL of where you saw the error(s) — and make sure you set it as a Private reply.

===

If you don’t see any WP_DEBUG messages while browsing your site, could you try temporarily activating the default Twenty Fifteen theme, and seeing if the issue persists.

If disabling the theme fixes it, we have narrowed the issue down to a theme conflict. Do you have any theme overrides for the Events Calendar? If so could you try disabling them by renaming your [themename]/tribe-events/ folder to ‘tribe-events-bak’. Did that fix it?

If the issue persists in the default Twenty Fifteen theme, then we have a different set of debugging steps. Please keep the Twenty Fifteen theme enabled, and also disable any plugins other than the ones from Modern Tribe to see if that fixes it. If it does, please try re-enabling the plugins one at a time until the issue resurfaces. When it does resurface, can you let me know which plugin caused that to happen?

===

Is there a way we can look at this with all other plugins disabled and using a default theme? Staging or a clone on a subsite would be ideal.

Thanks
    Courtney

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

I have debug enabled and I see nothing. Attaching a debug log.

https://we.tl/m55wAHO1y1

On the Twenty Fifteen layout and it still doesn’t work. Deactivated the plugins and no change.

I don’t know how to clone the site.

Courtney

Hi Michelle

http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-clone-a-wordpress-site-in-7-easy-steps/ is a good overview on how to make a dupliate of your site to use for testing. Your host may have other suggestion to achieve that as well.

In your log, I see Social Warfare as having quite a few conflicts, as well as on your theme, Onepress.

Do you get any errors when those are not active, especially when all else is disabled and you use a default theme? If there are debug logs for that state, it’d be super helpful for us to review.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

I got rid of social warfare cause of the issues. I think you’re looking at old errors. Look at the errors on the bottom of the page.

Attempting to clone.

Courtney

Hi Michelle

I was still noticing quite a few Fatal Error messages at the bottom of the file.

Another option for now is to look in your host’s cPanel for a ‘one click’ WordPress installer. Install a blank WP site, deactivate any plugins that come with it, and install/activate just our plugins. Test with a default theme and see if it works. Then one at a time, install the same plugins and theme until you find the source of the fatal errors and conflicts.

Please let me know how you are doing with all this.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Courtney

Hi Michelle

I also ran this past one of our performance pros.   They noticed that the PHP memory limit was exceeded. Your log is showing this Fatal error multiple times, so we would suggest you to increase the limit if possible.  You’ll want to check with your webhost on how to do this.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

We’ve upped the PHP memory limit. I’m still wondering why this page would work on Chrome but not Safari. Would that really be a plugin conflict?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘Showing Up Blank’ is closed to new replies.