Shortcode Month Calendar View Not Displaying Event Hoverover

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Shortcode Month Calendar View Not Displaying Event Hoverover

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Monica Filos
    Participant

In addition to be facing the same problem, I noticed that I also lose all the changes made to the style.css on my childtheme and what I get displayed is the generic calendar in its original form and colors. When I display the calendar in its own page, it keeps working fine with all the tweaks and styling applied.

No need to test the following due to calendar working fine on its own page:
    YES, I’ve deactivated all other plugins to check for a plugin conflict.
    YES, I’ve reverted to the Twenty Fourteen default WordPress theme (with other plugins still deactivated) to check for a theme conflict.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Monica Filos.
    Geoff B.

Good evening Monica and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the display issues you are experiencing.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Secondly, could you provide me with an example (perhaps the URL to the page containing the shortcode) ?

I noticed that I also lose all the changes made to the style.css on my childtheme and what I get displayed is the generic calendar in its original form and colors.

I am a bit confused by this statement. Are you saying that the style.css changes are no longer in your child theme or that they are not applied ?

Could you provide me with copy of your WordPress theme / child theme in a .zip file link (via Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ?

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates you might have made.

Also, can you provide me with a screenshot of your settings under Events -> Settings -> Display ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Monica Filos
    Participant

This reply is private.

Monica Filos
    Participant

This reply is private.

Monica Filos
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Monique,

Thank you for writing back and answering my questions.

1. “Share complete system information”: done by checking the option on my Event Help.

Thank you for that. Unfortunately, that will only kick-in next time you submit a thread.

Could you please follow the manual copy-paste procedure in a private reply for now ?

2 & 3. My website is under development, hence is not public for the view. I could arrange to change that if you need to peak inside of it and open a window for you to do so.

Thank you for the screenshots and the invitation for a sneak peek. For now, that will be enough.

It looks like you might be using the third-party Event Category Colors plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar-category-colors/

If that is the case, you would have to report this to the plugin author as this plugin is not supported by Modern Tribe

Without a look at your custom CSS rules, it’s hard to say why the rest of your changes are not kicking in. But my guess is that you are probably using some of the body classes (e.g.: post-type-archive-tribe_events, tribe-events-style-full, events-archive, etc..)

As such, you have a couple of options:

1. Create a new page template that includes these classes in the body element
    2. Write additional rules that use the “page” class
    3. Change your rules to not include the classes found in the body element

4. so after reviewing this first batch of info and images, let me know if you will still need this. In the meantime, the theme is Flatsome and is up to date as well as my wordpress.

Sure thing, let’s wait and see first.

5. Adding it in the images (Display 01-04) but on a separate reply since is not allowing me enough space to add it all at once.

Perfect, thank you. Actually I do read Spanish (but can’t carry a conversation yet), so that was not too bad.

6. “In addition to be facing the same problem” but, obviously, there is no way to know what problem that was since I did not add a link to his. Here is the link to what this person reported:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/shortcode-month-calendar-view-not-displaying-event-hoverover/

Thank you for clarifying that. This is actually the “Report a similar issue” button’s fault.
    We are working on improving it, so bear with us.

As per my colleague Cliff’s comment, there is a bug fix on the way for that.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned, you will be contacted when the fix is released.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Monica Filos
    Participant

This reply is private.

Monica Filos
    Participant

This reply is private.

Monica Filos
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Monica Filos
    Participant

This reply is private.

Monica Filos
    Participant

This reply is private.

Monica Filos
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Monica,

We are sorry to hear about the fatal error you have experienced while updating our plugins.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

First, let us apologize for any inconvenience that this might have caused on your site.

We have just released some patches for the Events Calendar and Event Tickets plugins.

The ultimate fix is to download the latest update (4.3.1.1) and make sure the updated plugin gets activated before any other plugins of our suite.

If the error in question is stopping you from accessing your website dashboard (/wp-admin/), you need to find a way to disable our plugins temporarily.

To do so, you will need FTP or File Manager (via CPanel) access:

1. Find the following folder on your installation: /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/
    2. Rename it to something like /wp-content/plugins/z_the-events-calendar/
      This will deactivate the plugin and let you access your dashboard again.

Once you do, you can revert the name change back to /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/ , the plugin will stay deactivated.

You can now update the plugins to the latest version and reactivate them.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Shortcode Month Calendar View Not Displaying Event Hoverover’ is closed to new replies.