Sell ticket across different events

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Sell ticket across different events

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Patrick
    Participant

Hey there,

I have a site for a soccer tournament. I’d like to sell tickets for the tournament as well as for the after show party.
    Now I want to sell on one event the tickets for the soccer tournament including the tickets for the party and on another event I’d like to sell only the tickets for the party.

e.g: Event A
    Men
    Women
    Youth
    Party

Event B
    Only Party

How can I do this?
    Thanks in advance!

Barry

Simply add as many tickets per event as you need – for instance, for Event A click the Add Ticket button and create the tickets for Men, then repeat the process and create the tickets for Women, etc.

For Event B just create one type of ticket (for the party only).

Patrick
    Participant

Hey, thanks for the answer but the problem is: I want to have the ammount of tickets reduced if someone books ticket on event A and someone books tickets on event B.

For the party-tickets let’s assume there are 900 tickets. I want to control the ammount of sold tickets across event A and B. Orders from both events should reduce the ammount of the tickets.

Barry

So this has been discussed in another thread already – what I’d recommend is noting your interest in this as a potential future feature in this thread.

Right now I’m afraid it simply isn’t supported, though I imagine it could be realized with some custom development work.

Patrick
    Participant

Ah I see. Just thought this could easily be done by Shortcodes. You just insert the Shortcode of an Ticket ID within each event. The same problem occurs if I want to have multilingual event pages with WPML. I cannot have one german event and tickets and the same tickets on the english translated event. That’s quite confusing. I hope this might be worth to think about shortcodes for WooTickets.

Barry

Just thought this could easily be done by Shortcodes. You just insert the Shortcode of an Ticket ID within each event.

I’m not quite sure as to the advantage that would offer over treating a regular WooCommerce product as the ticket and embedding the related shortcode into events that way; but certainly do add these thoughts to our feature requests thread.

Patrick
    Participant

Thanks Barry,
    I see this is definetly not the common way but you maybe can set this one as an option to everyone. For example someone is placing this ticket as widget anywhere on the website and on a specific page too. Then the quantity would reduce if someone orders tickets via the widget-select-way or via the specific-page-way.

Barry

That’s a solid idea and I’ll make a note of it. If it helps in the meantime, just remember that inventory is managed by WooCommerce and so you are also free to use and adapt any shortcodes and widgets that plugin puts at your disposal.

Leah

Hello,

We are excited to report that our upcoming release, The Events Calendar 3.12, includes changes that greatly improve the compatibility between The Events Calendar and WPML. We’ve been working hard on this integration for some time and we want to specifically thank all of our users who requested and waited for this feature. We appreciate all of the support and patience!

Version 3.12 of The Events Calendar will greatly improve compatibility with WPML, but we still have work to do. If you run into any problems integrating the two plugins, please post in our forums so that we can look into the issues. We’ll be on the look out for tweaks and fixes that will improve things further.

Thank you again to everyone who has been waiting for this! The Events Calendar 3.12 is coming soon- watch your WordPress Updates page!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Sell ticket across different events’ is closed to new replies.