Sell specific/general tickets to recurring seminars

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Sell specific/general tickets to recurring seminars

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Peter Müller

Hi,

I’m researching options for a client who wants a customer to either buy seminar tickets for a specific date or any date.

At the moment, they just sell tickets for the seminars as virtual products. After the purchase was made, the customer is contacted and an appointment for the seminar is arranged.

The client wants to automate this process by offering tickets to specific dates but also leave the option to just buy the ticket and arrange the date later on. Is this possible with Events Tickets Plus? The product/event page of the seminar should have the option to select a specific date or leave it out.

Thanks.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

Thanks for checking out Event Tickets Plus!

Tickets are typically sold for a particular date, where users go to the event they want to buy the ticket for (which is happening on a certain date) to register. There is not a default way to select a date for a ticket. However, you could use the custom fields that come with Event Tickets Plus to allow users to enter in a date (from a selection or in a free text box – there is no date field type). You also have the ability to move attendees or whole tickets to other posts, so this might be a good option for you. You could have a generic “Tickets” page that users can purchase tickets from and indicate via a custom field what date they would like to attend, then you can move them to the correct date at a later time.

We do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so if you’d like to take Event Tickets Plus for a test run, feel free to do so! Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Peter Müller

Hi Jennifer,

thanks for your feedback!

Your recommended solution using custom fields sounds good. Is there a way such that the customer (not the admin) who bought a ticket can change the ticket date afterwards?

I have these two workflows:

• Customer wants to buy a ticket for a specific seminar at a specific date (this should work with Event Tickets Plus)
    • Customer wants to buy a ticket for a specific seminar with no date – this similar to a coupon. The customer than gets either some sort of code or the ticket is assigned to this account. With this code/ticket, the customer can sign up for the seminar at a specific date.

There are four kinds of seminars that are recurring every two weeks and do not change content-wise. The dates are announced 3 months in advance.

Thanks again,

Peter

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

With Event Tickets Plus, you can choose to require users to login to purchase tickets. Users will then be able to login, go to the event they purchased tickets for, and change the info they entered for the custom fields.

For your second workflow (customers buying tickets with no date), one thing you might look at doing is using a third-party extension such as Smart Coupons from WooCommerce. Event Tickets Plus allows you to integrate with WooCommerce to sell tickets, in which case tickets are essentially WooCommerce simple products. So, WooCommerce coupons can be applied to tickets.

You mentioned that your seminars are recurring…I do want to point out that if you are planning to use Event Tickets Plus with Events Calendar Pro’s recurring events feature, unfortunately recurring tickets are not currently supported. You can add tickets to the recurring series as a whole, but individual tickets will not be generated for each recurrence in the series. Support for this type of functionality is something that we are planning to add in the future, but I don’t have an ETA that I can give you on that yet.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Sell specific/general tickets to recurring seminars’ is closed to new replies.