Segmenting Calendar to Categories for Buying a Particular Event/Class

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Segmenting Calendar to Categories for Buying a Particular Event/Class

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ronald Horne
    Participant

Hey MT Folks:

I am really new to Event Tickets Plus and Calendar Pro. I have loaded all four pieces (Event Tickets, Events Calendar, ET+ and Calendar Pro), and they seem to be running fine except “products” is not an option in settings anymore (See my post from a couple days ago: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/product-not-showing-up-under-event-setting-in-et/ ).

I am hoping this is an easy solution, however, I have not been able to locate anything on this in Knowledgebase or Forums. I have several live classes that are held throughout the year (same class held each month for example). I am trying to figure out how a user could click on “register” (or Buy Now), be taken to a Calendar that only has those classes listed, (show only the category I have put the class in), then select the date of the class they want to attend, then register with name, address and some custom fields, and then pay.

I have added classes in ET+, but if I use that as the “Product” to be purchased, they only have the choice of the one date I created for that event. I need to get a calendar in ahead of that. I think I would be closer to a solution if I could create the “Register” as a product in WooCommerce and then have that point to a Calendar Category where they could pick the class date and then fill in information and pay.

I am certain this is being done, but cannot seem to get past ET+.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully it is just a Knowledgebase or Forum post I couldn’t find.

Have a fabulous day.

Ron….

• This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Ronald Horne. Reason: Grammer
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Ron,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

If I understand correctly, then this is the process you want your visitors to go through:

1. Choose an event type (category)
    2. Choose a date
    3. Choose a ticket

My approach to this would be the following:

1. Create all the events that will happen and create the tickets for them.

2. Assign the categories to those events.

(Likely you have these two steps already done.)

3. Create a simple Page that lists the different event categories and point them to corresponding different Event Category lists. The respective URLs to the categories will be like “https://domain.com/events/category/{category-slug}/”

For showcasing all the events in one category I would recommend the list view. For this purpose you might want to set List view as the default view under Events > Settings > Display tab.

Did I get that correctly? Does this help? Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Ronald Horne
    Participant

Hey Andras:

I think this is an excellent approach. However, I am faced with another dilemma. As I mentioned, some of these courses have three separate classes (held on different dates) that they must attend. So an individual will choose the course and then have to choose dates for the three classes (Parts 1, 2, and 3). So the process would be: Choose event type (category)> Choose three class parts/dates (required)> Fill in required personal information> Check out and Pay.
    This would be similar to someone attending a conference and must choose different workshops throughout the conference. I am sure it is being done, but I would appreciate your guidance in how best to utilize ET+, Calendar Pro (and possibly another plug in) to achieve this.
    You are right, I do have categories and events already created. It’s now just a matter of easily adding class pieces to cart (and of course making it look cool).
    Thank you for all your help on this.
    Ron….

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

I’m afraid the process you described is not easy to achieve with our plugins straight away.

One possible way could be selling tickets from the WooCommerce products page instead of the event page and using a plugin for WooCommerce that handles bundled products.

Another way would be some custom development. Note however that developing and supporting customizations is beyond the scope of our support. If you would like to choose this path then I can share with you this list of freelancers who could help you out. They are not affiliated with us and are well known in the community.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Segmenting Calendar to Categories for Buying a Particular Event/Class’ is closed to new replies.