Scheduled Imports not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Scheduled Imports not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

We installed both Events Calendar PRO and Event Aggregator a couple days back and setup 28 scheduled Facebook imports to run daily. All imports ran once successfully but didn’t automatically update the next day. It now says the last import was on May 18th. Running manually works flawlessly.

Might be related to
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/scheduled-imports-not-running-2/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/scheduled-imports-from-google-calendar-not-working/
    but the presumable solutions are marked private.

This site is actively being worked on by multiple people which is why I cannot disable all plugins and theme. I might be able to setup a cloned dev instance and test plugin conflicts there if all else fails.

Cliff

Hi, Kim. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

Please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket.

You might need to leave it enabled for a day or two (whenever your imports are scheduled).

Please also send a copy of the bottom of your Help screen at wp-admin > Events > Help where it shows the status of your Facebook connection.

Neil Duckett
    Participant

I’m experiencing the same. The schedule looked like it was running fine, then after the update (prior to the most recent one solving fatal errors on earlier PHP versions) it stopped again. I can now run manually and that works flawlessly (after the php version fix) but the schedule isn’t running … and i’ve waited several days to see if it would kick off.

I’ll watch this thread, i won’t create my own, the countless times i’ve done so it never results in a solution / fix other than “planned for sometime soon”.

Frustrating to still be having issues with this some ~8 months after it was implemented.

Kim
    Participant

This reply is private.

Elza van Swieten
    Participant

Same here, 23rd of May all automated imports stopped …

Cliff

Kim and others, I apologize for the delayed response here.

We’ve confirmed this bug from your and others’ reports so I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

However, it would still be good for you to follow the WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG steps I provided in my initial reply because others have reported errors we suspect related to these failings.

Kim, if you share your WP_DEBUG findings, please reply here.

Everyone else, please create your own separate thread and include it there. Thank you.

Neil Duckett
    Participant

Frustrating beyond words to have something working for albeit a matter of days, then it’s broken … again, now we’re told it needs to go through rigourous “assigning, coding, testing and release” … how is it gets broken after it works without the ability to quickly roll it back from your side? Clearly very little testing goes on, the forum is riddled with people with the same issues.

I really question if we’ll ever get a plugin that works, without being broken again in a subsequent release a few days later – I’m running out of confidence but I have no other option.

Please resolve this ASAP.

Justin
    Participant

Any update on this issue?

jskk123
    Participant

I agree w/everyone here. Super frustrating to wait weeks for fixes these days. Your plugins used to be spot-on and work every time OR on the rare occasion when they didn’t, fixes were speedy. Please update us on when this’ll be fixed.

Duy
    Participant

We just purchased your plugin last week and we were so excited to get it up and running. We did 3 imports and they worked perfectly. Now the plugin is not importing from any Facebook pages. What can we do to help you speed this up? Are you partners with Facebook? Are you sure they approve of the plugin. I don’t want to start promoting a calendar that is not going to work.

What do I do today? I have a meeting tomorrow to show organizations the new Calendar and we can’t import. Any ideas on when this will be done?

Justin
    Participant

Our import is with Google Calendar and it has the same issue. So I don’t believe this bug is specific to Facebook.

Barry

We’re investigating this and fully understand everyone’s frustration. Like you, we want to resolve this as quickly as we can and are 100% appreciative of the help of everyone participating in the troubleshooting process — the information you provide can be genuinely useful to us.

On that note, Kim: did you have any other information you can share per Cliff’s last note?

For anyone else besides Kim, of course you should feel free to monitor this topic. If you have further questions or observations, though, or otherwise wish to have an individualized response, please do create a new topic of your own.

Kim
    Participant

Sorry, I somehow stopped receiving email notifications for this thread after Elza’s message (not even in spam).

Here are the WP_DEBUG messages from debug.log:

[31-May-2017 11:17:00 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: disabled in /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Main.php on line 216
    [31-May-2017 11:17:00 UTC] PHP Warning:  in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Main.php on line 239
    [31-May-2017 11:17:00 UTC] PHP Warning:  in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Main.php on line 239
    [01-Jun-2017 08:21:41 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: queue in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Aggregator/Record/Queue.php on line 131
    [01-Jun-2017 08:21:49 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: queue in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Aggregator/Record/Queue.php on line 131
    [01-Jun-2017 08:27:00 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: queue in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Aggregator/Record/Queue.php on line 131
    [01-Jun-2017 08:31:39 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: queue in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Aggregator/Record/Queue.php on line 131
    [01-Jun-2017 08:32:09 UTC] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: queue in /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Aggregator/Record/Queue.php on line 131

(I have stripped the first part of the path, so it can be shared publicly)

While I share other commentator’s frustration about such a serious bug right after purchasing, it’s good to hear you are working on resolving it. I’d rather have it well-tested then shelling out a hotfix which breaks other things.

Barry

I appreciate you sharing that information. This is a high priority for us and we’ll do our best to keep you posted as things develop. Thanks!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new Feature Release 4.5.4 for The Events Calendar plugin is out, which includes a fix for this issue 🙂

You can find out more about the release here → https://theeventscalendar.com/release-community-events-4-5-the-events-calendar-4-5-4-pro-and-community-tickets/

Please update the plugin and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • The topic ‘Scheduled Imports not working’ is closed to new replies.