Scheduled Imports from Google Calendar Not Working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Scheduled Imports from Google Calendar Not Working

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Corry
    Participant

I recently began using the Event Aggregator from Google Calendar and am having some trouble with the daily scheduled imports I have setup. I have 2 calendars currently setup and have them scheduled to import at the same time daily and have the event authority to set to Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source..

However, I changed one event from the source on my Google Calendar and it still hasn’t updated as you see in this screenshot. Import frequency is set to Daily but the last import was on 5/19 for some reason.

Looking for any insight!

Thanks!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Corry!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I’m sorry about that issue. Let me help you troubleshoot that.

Are you able to run those scheduled imports manually? If you hover over the Scheduled import, you should see the “Run Import” option.

How about it you edit the import and save it again? Does it still not import the events?

Let us know about this.

Thanks,
    Victor

Corry
    Participant

Thanks for the help Victor, I tried editing the import schedule first (specifically the time) and still had no luck.

Manually running the import did indeed work though.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Corry!

Thanks for following up.

I’m sorry you are still experiencing that issue. It’s good to know the manual imports do work though.

Do you know if the issue started all of a sudden or was it always like this? If it started all of a sudden, do you recall any changes made to the site at that time? Let us know.

Could you please share with us the Google Calendar URL so we can try to reproduce the error?

Thanks,
    Victor

Corry
    Participant

Thanks Victor and I just recently setup this scheduled import with these 2 calendars, up until then I had been testing with another calendar and only running manual imports.

Below are the links to the Google Calendars I currently have setup to import as scheduled.

Oncology Shows

Quality Shows

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Corry!

We are currently investigating on an issue with scheduled imports.

I will link this thread to the report and we’ll let you know as soon as we have an update.

In the meantime, could you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG ? This will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log Please share any debug messages you see?

You might need to leave it enabled for a day or more depending on when your imports are scheduled.

I apologise for the inconvenience and we’d appreciate your patience.

Thanks,
    Victor

Corry
    Participant

Thanks for the assistance Victor, are there any updates yet? It still looks like my scheduled imports are not working.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Corry!

Thanks for following up on this!

I’ve just checked and the ticket has been raised to top priority. However, we are still investigating on this issue and we don’t have a date for a bugfix yet.

Rest assured we’ll keep you posted about new updates.

Thanks for your patience,
    Victor

Corry
    Participant

Thanks for this Victor, I have another question but not sure whether I should submit another thread or not but it’s somewhat in line with what we’ve been discussing. I am trying to figure out the best Event Authority for the import. I had it set to Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source but noticed if I modified the local fields such as the map because that was another issue when it would re-import from the source that it would override the map to not include the map preview anymore.

I would somehow like it to be tied to the original source in case the date changes or something but would like it to preserve local changes like the map preview. Is that possible with one of the three settings?

Thanks again!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Corry!

Thanks for coming back! 🙂

Let me try to help you with that.

If you want to preserve the changes you make locally in your events, then you should try using the “Import events but preserve local changes to event fields.” for Event Update Authority.

This will update all fields from the source but not the changes you made locally, like the Show map option.

Does this help? If you need further help with this I will kindly ask you to open a new thread and you can link this one from there. This will help us keep things more organized.

Thanks!
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Corry!

Just wanted to share with you that a new Feature Release 4.5.4 for The Events Calendar plugin is out, which includes a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/release-community-events-4-5-the-events-calendar-4-5-4-pro-and-community-tickets/

Please update the plugin and let us know if the fix works for your site,

Best,
    Victor

Corry
    Participant

Thanks so much for the assistance again Victor, after updating the plugin to 4.5.4 the scheduled daily imports appear to be working correctly.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Corry!

I’m so glad to hear everything is working smoothly and I appreciate you following up to let us know. Definitely keep us posted if any other questions come up and we’d be happy to help.

Cheers! 🙂
    Victor

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Scheduled Imports from Google Calendar Not Working’ is closed to new replies.