Scheduled imports have stopped running

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Scheduled imports have stopped running

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Colm
    Participant

Hi

THe scheduled imports have stopped running on my website

When I logged into the admin page for the first time in a while it asked me for my facebook password (which I provided) but since then neither meetup or facebook imports are working

THey do work when I run them manually

What should I do to fix this?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Colm,

I’m sorry to hear your scheduled imports aren’t working, but I’ll be happy to help you figure out what’s going on! First, could you please share your system information with me? I also have a couple questions:

How many scheduled imports per day do you currently have on your site?

When you go to Events > Import > History tab, do you see any records of failed imports? If so, hover over the red exclamation mark and let me know what messages you see.

Please also send a screenshot of the Event Aggregator System Status that you will find under Events > Help.

Thank you,

Jennifer

Colm
    Participant

Hi Jennifer

THanks for your email

I have shared my system information.

Attached is a screenshot of the Event Aggregator System Status

It is saying that I have zero daily imports. Why is this? And what can I do about it?

Colm
    Participant

Hi Jennifer

I have about 70 scheduled imports per day

I have a personal license which allows me 100 imports per day.

What is the problem here?

Events>Help is recognising this today (see attachment)

When I hover over the red exclamation mark in events>import>history, it says “import failed”

Could you advise what I should do to fix this problem?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Colm,

Thanks for sending the screenshots! Unfortunately your system information didn’t come through…if you are unable to send it automatically, you can copy/paste it into a private reply.

Please make sure you’re running the latest version of The Events Calendar – 4.6.4. If you don’t see a prompt to update in the Plugins section of your Dashboard, you can do so manually by following these instructions. Can you also try deleting one of the imports and rescheduling to see if that one is working?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Chris Kostelec
    Participant

I was just about to post a similar issue, but I resolved it. I also got a notification about renewing my Facebook token, which I did. Right after that all my scheduled/manual imports were showing 0 events added/updated. I went back into the API tab on the Settings page and clicked “Refresh your connection to Facebook” and now my imports work again. Maybe this will help you?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting your solution here Chris! I’m glad you were able to get this resolved on your site.

Colm, if you’re still running into this issue on your site, let me know if Chris’s suggestion works for your Facebook imports and if deleting and rescheduling an import gets that import running again. Please also make sure to copy/paste your system info in a private reply if you still need help with this issue.

Thanks!

Jennifer

Colm
    Participant

Thanks Chris & Jennifer

I have refreshed my connection to facebook and put in my code for meetup again

I suspect the problem is something else as today it is saying that I have zero imports available (see attached)

Some of the imports that I have deleted and redone are working whereas others aren’t importing. THey have a orange symbol beside them which says “import pending” when I hover over it

I will send system information in private message

Colm

Colm
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Colm,

Thanks for sharing your system info! It looks like you’re running an older version of The Events Calendar…can you try updating to the latest version (4.6.6) and see if that makes a difference? If you don’t see a prompt to update, you can do so manually by following these instructions.

It sounds like when you tried deleting and re-adding the scheduled imports, some of them started working again and some of them did not?

I would also recommend trying the following:

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Colm
    Participant

Hi Jennifer

I have followed all of those steps except for deleting my EA key

I can’t see this in Events>Settings

Could you advise where it is?

Colm

Colm
    Participant

Hi Jennifer

Since taking those steps all but one of my scheduled imports are working

When I try to run the one that isn’t manually, it updates 15 events and then stalls and does nothing further. I suspect there is a large number of events to update and new ones to import

How should I ensure that this imports?

Colm

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Colm,

Under Events > Settings, you can find the key in the Licenses tab. It sounds like you were able to delete the key and disconnect your site? I’m glad that most of your imports are working again! Can you please send me a link to the last one that’s not working so that I can test it out on my end?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Scheduled imports have stopped running’ is closed to new replies.