Scheduled iCal Import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Scheduled iCal Import

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Brandon
    Participant

Hello,

I purchased the iCal importer to orignally just import all of the events from my clients google cal to events calendar. They have since requested that they would like to continue managing events from google calendar so I have attempted setting up a recurring import to a specific category. I have attached a screenshot of that recurring event (every 30 minutes) and its details. I had originally set it up on the 20th and nothing happened over the weekend so I deleted that saved import and created a new one. Its as if it isn’t reading the scheduler at all.

Unfortunately, because the site is live…I have not tried deactivating plugins because it would potentially take 30 mins to see if the importer worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Cliff

Brandon, sorry you’re experiencing this.

Could you please provide the Google Calendar iCal URL?

Brandon
    Participant
    Cliff

Brandon, below is the entire contents of that URL’s .ics file.

There are no recurrence patterns there so I’m uncertain of your initial question about that.

I did, however, notice in my testing of this URL that it’s experiencing one of our known bugs that multi-day events aren’t imported correctly. For example, Test #2’s DTSTART is May 27 and DTEND is May 28 but the event imports as May 27-27.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
    PRODID:-//Google Inc//Google Calendar 70.9054//EN
    VERSION:2.0
    CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
    METHOD:PUBLISH
    X-WR-CALNAME:Test Calendar
    X-WR-TIMEZONE:America/Chicago
    X-WR-CALDESC:
    BEGIN:VEVENT
    DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20160527
    DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20160528
    DTSTAMP:20160524T152845Z
    UID:[email protected]
    CREATED:20160523T130829Z
    DESCRIPTION:Fellowship Hall
    LAST-MODIFIED:20160524T123503Z
    SEQUENCE:1
    SUMMARY:Test #2
    TRANSP:TRANSPARENT
    END:VEVENT
    DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20160602
    DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20160603
    CREATED:20160523T132604Z
    DESCRIPTION:
    LAST-MODIFIED:20160524T123229Z
    SUMMARY:Test #3
    TRANSP:TRANSPARENT
    DTSTART:20160523T130000Z
    DTEND:20160523T140000Z
    ATTENDEE;CUTYPE=INDIVIDUAL;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED;CN=Test C
    alendar;X-NUM-GUESTS=0:mailto:[email protected]
    gle.com
    CREATED:20160520T130011Z
    DESCRIPTION:A-201\nA-301
    LAST-MODIFIED:20160520T184743Z
    SEQUENCE:1
    SUMMARY:Test Event
    TRANSP:OPAQUE
    END:VCALENDAR

Feel free to share any additional additional questions/issues you want to share with me.

Whether you do or not, I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release. I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Brandon
    Participant

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, but I am not sure my original question was addressed. The problem I am having is the ical importer (plugin that I purchased from events calendar) is not working on a recurring schedule. Basically I want to be able to manage my calendar from google calendar and want your plugin to check my google ical address every 30 minutes to see if any new events have been added. So far, it has only imported once when I initially set it up. Since then I made changes to my Test calendar (the ical address I sent earlier) and they are not changing on the events calendar side of things.

Let me know if that doesn’t make sense.

Thanks

Cliff

Thanks for clarifying.

I discovered another issue that events in the past aren’t being detected. For example, your “Test Event” event that occurred yesterday:

DTSTART:20160523T130000Z
    DTEND:20160523T140000Z

Therefore, please add new events only in the future to see if your recurring import is working properly.

If it turns out to not be working properly…

Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please share your System Information. (I saw you entered your information before but it didn’t show that iCal Importer was activated.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Brandon
    Participant

Hey Cliff,

I have checked and I am on the most recent version of modern tribe plugins.
    My apprehension about disabling plugins or switching themes is that the site is live right now and to do one of those tasks would mean me waiting the 30 minutes to see if the import works. Thats time our sight would be down and that is not acceptable. Is there any other way to try and figure out why the import scheduler isnt working properly without disabling plugins or changing themes?

Cliff

I understand. We don’t have any known bugs for “scheduled imports not working.” The only thing might be if your site doesn’t receive enough hits to import as often as desired because of its reliance on WP-Cron.

Other than testing on your staging site or even a localhost site, I’m not sure what else to recommend other than this:

I’d suggest deleting this specific scheduled import, deleting all these fake events from Google Calendar, and then creating some new dummy events (with different event names) and then trying to set it up again.

Note that iCal Importer won’t re-import previously deleted events (events imported by iCal Importer then deleted in wp-admin), which is why I said to create test events with different event names — to make sure iCal Importer doesn’t think it’s the same event and therefore not importing it.

Brandon
    Participant

Hey Cliff,

So I took your advice and deleted all of the test events that I had set up and created new “unique” events. I deleted the current recurring import and setup two new recurring imports (1 every 30 minutes, 1 every hour). These were set up on the 25th and as you can see from my screenshot, they have still not run.

I have also deactivated all of my plugins at this point to see if there is any conflict and that didn’t seem to produce any different results.

I am closing in on the end of my rope here. Are there any other solutions that you can think of to try and get this plugin working properly?

Thanks!

Cliff

Here’s an iCal feed we use often for testing: http://calagator.org/events.ics

Could you please test if that iCal feed works for your scheduled import?

Thanks.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Scheduled iCal Import’ is closed to new replies.