Saving Recurring Events Error & Gray Screen with Bar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Saving Recurring Events Error & Gray Screen with Bar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    jebs38
    Participant

Dear Tribe,

I am experiencing a very strange error and here is what it looks like:

http://experts.bestofnj.com/files/2013/08/cal-error.jpg

It occurs every time I try to edit a recurring event. It’s not a white screen of death but a gray screen of absurdity. The entire screen turns a translucent dark gray with a lighter gray or white bar across the screen.

Thanks,
    John

Barry

Hi John,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Though I can’t replicate this exactly (I don’t see the lighter bar) I can see that there is definitely a problem and the recurring event update dialog is inaccessible.

This is definitely something we will want to fix promptly, so bear with me while I chat to the team about this.

jebs38
    Participant

Thanks Barry for the fast response. What I did not mention is that it makes the popup inoperable.

Barry

That’s true – we’re aware of that. Depending on what you’re comfortable with there are a couple of ways you could workaround this in the interim (please see here) however we do appreciate that’s not for everyone and are trying to get an official fix out as expeditiously as possible.

Barry

Also note: if you add this code to your theme’s functions.php file that should (hopefully!) resolve this until our next release arrives.

Do note that the lines in that snippet with <?php and ?> in most cases should not be copied across to your functions.php file.

jebs38
    Participant

Barry, I tried the temp code fix and it did not work. It seems to me that there were big problems with the format of that code anyway. I am not a coder, but I know some things were woggy there.

Barry

I’m not sure in what way it might be woggy, but I’m sorry in any case to hear it didn’t work for you (it has done the trick for others I believe, based on other feedback).

In that case though it may be best to way for the next maintenance release in your case.

jebs38
    Participant

The tab-enter solution works for some issues but not all. I will have to test the Javascript solution again.

jebs38
    Participant

Barry, I took out the and the code did not work.

Barry

Hi John,

Just a note that the forum will strip out some forms of code – so if you need to share anything relating to HTML or PHP in particular it’s worth doing so by dropping a link in here to a snippet hosted on Pastebin, Gist or a similar service.

(Your last message looks like it may have originally contained some code which was then stripped out.)

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Robin
    Participant

Just wanted to add that I am encountering this issue as well. The functions.php code seems to have worked for me.

Barry

Great to hear 🙂

Debra Gallek
    Participant

This works https://gist.github.com/jazbek/6169607
    BUT you need to remove the first from the snippet before pasting it into your theme’s functions.php.

Debra Gallek
    Participant

that is you need to remove the first php code and the very last php code. Leave the ones in the middle

Barry

Yes, in most cases that’s true – sorry if I didn’t make that clear enough. Glad it’s working for you 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Saving Recurring Events Error & Gray Screen with Bar’ is closed to new replies.