RSVP Tickets processing – display a message

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus RSVP Tickets processing – display a message

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Uwe Matern
    Participant

Good Morning from Germany,

we operate a portal with thousands of events where we sell RSVP tickets. They are bookings but without payment. The performance in general is quite good because we use a cache plugin (WP fastest cache) for caching all events.

Only in case a user submits a RSVP request it takes 10-15 sec up to the confirmation of the booking.

My question is: Is there an option/way to show the user a message like: “your request is processing, please wait” immediately after he presses the submit button. (Because we often have the case, that the user presses 2 or 3 times the submit button and we get multiple bookings).

Best regards
    Uwe

Hi Uwe,

Thanks so much for reaching out again!

You can try the snippet provided in the following forum thread, which disables the Submit button after one click:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/rsvp-multiple-confirmation-clicks/

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Uwe Matern
    Participant

Good Morning Jaime,

thanks for the hint. But the code does not work. Are you sure, the code is right to place it in the functions.php of the theme?

Best regards
    Uwe

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for your feedback.  You are correct, that snippet does not seem to be working.

Alternatively, you can try editing the RSVP or adding in a custom field with a message to users to only click once, while their order is processing.

Let me know if you need further assistance on this issue!

Thanks,

Jaime

Uwe Matern
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

thanks for your response. But this is not sufficient. Is there no chance to get a working snippet from you? At the end you know the programming logic at the best. Regarding custom field to show the processing message – How should we implement this in detail?

Best regards
    Uwe

Hi Uwe,

Just to let you know, we are limited by our Support Policy in how much we can help with customizations, but I will try to point you in the right direction.

You can add text to the RSVP string in the following screenshot:

The snippet in the following tutorial can be modified and added to your theme’s functions.php file:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/change-the-wording-of-any-bit-of-text-or-string/

Alternatively, you can edit the ticket template itself and add in a custom field there, using the Themer’s Guide as a starting point.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Uwe Matern
    Participant

Good Morning Jaime,

thanks for your reply. But I afraid it’s still not the right solution for our topic. We have the issue, that the processing of a rsvp takes several seconds and the user does not know what’s going on. Therefore we want to push/print out a message “Your request is processing, please wait” or something like this.

Can you give me a hin in which php the processing (after the user presses the button) of the rsvp takes place? Then we could place an output of such a message there. Or is there a better alternative available for that?

Best regards
    Uwe

Hi Uwe,

There are a few other snippets provided in the following thread that I would recommend you give a try as well:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/seeing-duplicate-attendees-who-have-registered-via-rsvp/

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Uwe Matern
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

thanks for the further links, but still the snippets mentioned in the other thread does not work in our functions.php. Is there an option to get in contact with Cliff directly that he takes over this support ticket and I try to solve together with him the issue?

Best regards
    Uwe

Hi Uwe,

Unfortunately we cannot provide further support on custom snippets that have been created in the past.

I’d recommend starting off by taking a look at our Themer’s Guide, which can show you which templates can be edited and copied in order to achieve the results that you are looking for.

The tickets/rsvp.php template contains the rsvp form that users see on the front-end.

If this functionality is a requirement for your intended project, I’d suggest that a third-party developer would be the best way to make this feature happen on a short timeline. ? We maintain a list of developers who work with our plugins on our Knowledgebase here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘RSVP Tickets processing – display a message’ is closed to new replies.