Seeing Duplicate Attendees who have registered via RSVP

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Seeing Duplicate Attendees who have registered via RSVP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

We had this same issue a month or so back, but though it was because the site was slow and users were hitting the button multiple times. But have since switched the site to a dedicated server. Now the issue has come back up.

There are at times for an event when we see multiple reservations for the same person, sometimes dozens. this is an issue for the client for two reasons. They max the number of rsvp entries so seats are getting books with same name. So when they go the event they use a ‘punch card’ and their sales are now down because of it.

Cliff

Hi. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

If it’s not happening consistently for all users, one idea I’d guess could happen is that the user puts their cursor in the ticket quantity box and scrolls. In some browsers, this could drastically change the ticket quantity (e.g. 1 to 12) without them possibly noticing.

You might want to try one or more of these snippets…

Default the quantity to 1 instead of zero:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/5b57df71be8b52f595817ddbf81acdab

Same as above but make the quantity field readonly (not editable by the end user):

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/80b33455779b74ec49f6ea3033cb47bf

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

Cliff, thanks for the response. Here is a screenshot of an event I can see this is happening. https://www.screencast.com/t/llqZRYySlsTC.

I am not 100% sure you snippets would solve the issue. I think the issue is partly because the site seems to be a bit slow and the user has the ability to click on the button multiple times. http://www.screencast.com/t/K0uJZArUQQi7

Can we prevent duplicate rsvp’s? Or can the there be some sort of visual confirmation that the system is processing or can the button not be able to click more than once?

Cliff

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Please try one of these 2 snippets and let me know if you think it helps:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/8bceb54b440fbe9de1d42df6f231cc7a

Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

Cliff, first of all, thanks so much, this has probably been the best support I have received here.

Second of all, I think we are close. I attempted to use both snippets and both have the same results. While the button and/or the forms click protected, the form actually does not add the person registered to the attendee list. Please view screen grab.

Cliff

Sorry about that. I was able to replicate that issue too.

I have updated the gist link’s code. Please try this new version and let me know how it goes for you.

Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

Hey Cliff the attendee information doesn’t seem to be saving in the backend still. Can you please send me the direct link to make sure I am pasting the right info? Thank you so much.

Cliff

This without the starting `<?php` line: https://gist.githubusercontent.com/cliffordp/8bceb54b440fbe9de1d42df6f231cc7a/raw/17f80fb66ff96cf2ac6b57c357b211d8e4f6b44c/functions.php

Best practice for adding custom code (like to implement a PHP snippet to modify The Events Calendar) is to create a functionality plugin, unless it’s something specific to your theme, in which case best practice is to make sure you’re using a child theme, then add the customization to your child theme’s functions.php file.

I hope this information helps!

Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

Cliff, I am hoping this will work, I am seeing many many duplicates for RSVP events in the backend and the end client is having to manage this. If they have 33 spots and half of them or more are duplicates it really cuts into their sales (they use a punish card system for the RSVP’s).

Cliff

Nathan, please do let me know how things go for you.

Please note that threads get Closed automatically after a couple weeks of inactivity. If it does get Closed, please open a new thread, adding your current problem description and also linking back to this thread.

Thank you!

Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Nathan, I’ve tried to follow along here, but I feel like I’m not clear exactly what your issue is.

Please confirm if your issue is that if a site visitor clicks the “Confirm RSVP” button with quantity of 1–and only clicks that button once–that it actually goes through multiple times, as if they repeated this checkout process for a single quantity ticket multiple times?

If yes, are you also having additional, separate issues?

Nathan Baldwin
    Participant

Hey cliff, to be honest not sure what the issue is. All I know is that duplicate registrations for RSVP events continue to happen. I know it is not because a use hits the button multiple times, so something is happening to make a rsvp record many times.

Cliff

Nathan, I understand and am sorry you’re having this happen.

Unfortunately, I am unaware of others having this issue, and I haven’t been able to reproduce it on my own testing site.

Therefore, I’m not sure how I’m able to assist further. Please do let me know if you think I can be of further assistance here. Obviously, I don’t want you to be experiencing this, but I don’t know how much more I can help here.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Seeing Duplicate Attendees who have registered via RSVP’ is closed to new replies.