RSVP Error "Fill in the RSVP Confirmation Email and Name Fields"

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets RSVP Error "Fill in the RSVP Confirmation Email and Name Fields"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kymiel Standifer
    Participant

This error message appears when a person tries to RSVP on a laptop or tablet, but it works fine from a phone. The rsvp email and name fields do not display on a laptop but will display on the telephone.

Geoff B.

Good evening Kymiel and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the RSVP required fields not displaying on a laptop. Yikes!
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Could you also please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Finally, would it be possible to provide an example URL ?

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Kymiel Standifer
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Kymiel,

Thank you for the info and the files.

The first thing I am noticing is that there are several errors in the Console view of the Google Chrome’s developer tools on the example event you have provided.

Since I am unable to replicate the issue with the same version of Avada as you.

By the sound of it, it looks like there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1. A conflict with another plugin
    2. A conflict with your WordPress theme
    3. A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

Try deactivating Event Tickets Extension: Additional Email Options version 0.3.0 as a first step. I believe this extension is deprecated.

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes.

Geoff B.

Kymiel Standifer
    Participant

So I would agree with your response however if you minimize your desktop screen to the size equivalent to a phone screen, you will see the fields that need to be completed so a person can RSVP by using the link I provided in any web browser. i don’t believe this is a plugin conflict because i have used RSVP recently and it worked fine. please use the link: http://www.naobidc.org/backtoblackweekendtickets/, resize your window and then you will see the fields that don’t appear when it’s at full screen.

Geoff B.

Good evening Kymiel,

Thank you for writing back.

I did what you asked and I see what you mean.
    This is caused by CSS.

More specifically, the following rule

@media screen and (max-width: 600px) {
    .tribe-events-tickets tr {
    border-top: 1px solid #ddd;
    display: block;
    padding-bottom: 8px;
    padding-top: 10px;
    }
    }

So in other words, this is clearly theme-based or due to some type of conflict.

As suggested before, I would first try to get rid of those messages found in the Google Chrome Developer Tools Console tab. Since the message is Javascript based, it makes sense that it would impact the tickets display.

Your other option would be to remove the @media argument and container from the CSS rule above and add the CSS rule to your style.css file or in your Custom CSS metabox.

Finally, I would highly recommend very minimalistic settings with W3TC because I have seen countless installs were one setting too many caused the site to crash.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘RSVP Error "Fill in the RSVP Confirmation Email and Name Fields"’ is closed to new replies.