Restrict calendar by category

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Restrict calendar by category

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bruce williams
    Participant

I have ECP and have a scenario where it would be favorable to have the main calendar restricted to a particular event category and then have a secondary calendar that displays another event category. The secondary calendar is easily implemented via the [tribe-event-list] shortcode but I don’t see any way to restrict the main calendar (at the /events/ URL) to a specific category.

Is this at all possible?

Thanks for the assistance!

• This topic was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by bruce williams. Reason: selected wrong domain
    Geoff B.

Good evening Bruce and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

I believe that the following article is exactly what you are looking for: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/can-you-have-multiple-calendars/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

bruce williams
    Participant

Actually, that doesn’t work for one big reason: the “All Events” link on individual events points back to /events/. That means if/when a visitor to the site clicks that, they are back at the complete calendar of all categories. Not what I want.

Basically, I want to have the main calendar by constrained to a specified category or categories and not have any any way for the site visitor to accidentally get back to the full calendar of all events in all categories. This is important as I want to make a distinction between events hosted by my organization versus events hosted by 3rd parties. Having them in separate calendars (even though it is just separate categories in the backend) makes this distinction more apparent.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Bruce,

Thank you for writing back.

You make a fair point.
    However, you can either:

1. Hide the “All events” link OR
    2. Do a template customization to modify the behaviour of that link in the single event view. You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

Just to set expectations, the scope of our support is mostly to get our customers started on the right track and to help them in case of issues.

We unfortunately do not provide complete support for customization.

If coding is not really your cup of tea, you could always hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have unfortunately.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Restrict calendar by category’ is closed to new replies.