Repeat events vanishing – page must be refreshed

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Repeat events vanishing – page must be refreshed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Erin Rush
    Participant

I have recently upgraded to Events Pro but my repeat events go missing when I move from month to month. I saw in another thread that this issue had been fixed – is there something I can do do fix it on my site? I have tried this without plugins and I tried to revert to the 2012 theme but couldn’t find my calendar there so I tried it on the Greenleaf WP Free theme and had the same issues. If this can’t be fixed now, is it possible to estimate when it will be? I need to decide if I should wait to promote the calendar or if I should promote it and tell people to refresh the page. Thanks again!

Erin Rush
    Participant

sorry – just wondering if anyone has any insight on this? Thank you!

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, yorkshiretots. Great question!

I would recommend that you wait for the upcoming maintenance release which is due out any time now. After that, if you’re still having the issue, we can troubleshoot further to see what’s what.

Sorry you’re having trouble!

Erin Rush
    Participant

Thank you so much for your reply but unfortunately the updates didn’t fix the problem!

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, yorkshiretots. I’m able to see your recurring events when navigating between months.

Can you be specific about what you’re using as your test for this and which events are disappearing?

Erin Rush
    Participant

Thanks again. I have two calendars this one isn’t working http://yorkshiretots.com/events/category/classes/2013-12/

If you move between the months, eg. back to Nov, and refresh the calendar, you will see more events appear. Watch Tuesday and Wednesday. I just deleted and reinstated that calendar in my menu but it didn’t help. I’ve also tried w/o plugins and tried adding events fresh but none of those things have helped. I hope that’s clear – let me know if you need more information. Thanks again. Erin

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, Erin. Thanks for the detailed instructions. I definitely see what you mean.

Is the behavior the same when you are running the Twenty Twelve theme?

Erin Rush
    Participant

I can’t leave it like this for long but yes, you can see here with no plugins:
    http://yorkshiretots.com/events/category/classes/2013-12/

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, yorkshirtots. I definitely see it there still.

Let me see if I can get some help from a developer to investigate. For now, you can go ahead and revert to your normal settings.

Also, in the mean time, would you mind posting your System Information, found in the Help tab of the Events Calendar Settings page?

Thanks!

Erin Rush
    Participant

This reply is private.

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, yorkshiretots. Thanks for posting that.

I’m wondering if this might be caused by your caching plugin, WP Super Cache version 1.4 by Donncha O Caoimh(http://ocaoimh.ie/). The way some of these types of plugins work, often deactivating alone won’t stop them from affecting your site.

Would you mind going to the plugin developer’s site and going through the process to completely remove the plugin, and then trying again?

Sorry this is so much trouble!

Erin Rush
    Participant

No problem – I went to the developer’s site but can’t see any obvious way to completely remove the plug in (I’ve deactivated it) do I need to write them or how is this done? Could I call my hostgator and ask them to do it? Thanks!

Erin Rush
    Participant

By plug-in developer’s site did you mean my plugin page? I went originally to the developer’s webpage. I just deleted the plugin and all files from my plugin page but it didn’t help. Thanks for your support – hopefully we can figure something out!

Kelly
    Participant

I would get in touch with the developer directly as each caching plugin is different and the steps for removing it would be unique to its function.

Sorry I can’t help walk you through it!

Erin Rush
    Participant

Okay, thanks for your suggestion. I got instructions from the developer, went through them with my host provider and unfortunately it still didn’t fix the problem. I really tried – and spent the good part of today on it! And as I had the guy on host gator helping I’m pretty sure we removed everything that can be removed. Is there anything else that can be done?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • The topic ‘Repeat events vanishing – page must be refreshed’ is closed to new replies.