Renewed, Updated License Key and Imports NOT Working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Renewed, Updated License Key and Imports NOT Working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    serpcom
    Participant

I keep getting this message. I’ve waited a few hours between trying multiple times with no luck. I’ve tried loggin out and back in?

How can I get this to work again. Here is the message:

There was an error fetching the results from your import: There may be an issue with the Event Aggregator server. Please try your import again later.

Thanks

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Steven!

I’m sorry you’re having that issue. Let me help you with that.

I’ve just checked and your license seems to be active and working fine for your site.

Are you getting this message with different import sources or just one? Could you please share those sources you are having the issue with so we can run some tests on our end?

Thanks,
    Victor

serpcom
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Specifically the import will not work for Faneuil Hall Marketplace.

It is the Facebook Import.

They have events through out the summer months posted to Facebook (July, August and September) but no events passed mid July will import over.

Any idea?

This import is the most important of any.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Steven!

Thanks for clearing that out.

I tried importing events from this Facebook URL https://www.facebook.com/pg/FaneuilHallMarketplace/events, which I’m not sure it’s the exact same one you are referring to, and it did import all the events until September 30th. If that’s not the URL you are trying to import, please share with us the URL.

Could you please let us know how many imports are you performing each day?

Try going to Events > Settings > Licenses and remove the Event Aggregator license and click save. Then re-enter the license and save it again. Do you see any difference? Let us know.

Also, could you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG ? This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, try making a few imports until you get the error message, so that in case there is an error in the backend, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can spot the problem from there.

Thanks,
    Victor

serpcom
    Participant

Still no luck.

Yes, this is the URL we are looking to import…

https://www.facebook.com/pg/FaneuilHallMarketplace/events

I’ve removed the license, saved and then re-entered the license and saved still no luck.

The crazy part is if I remove the import completely and then reset it up and preview, it shows the events that need to be imported in during preview and saves correctly, but NO events import in. And when I manually try and run the import I still get the error (white screen in firefox) (error message on chrome), both browsers don’t work.

We have a lot of imports set up to run, but very little people using it on this account…and therefore only import a small amount of events to the site regularly…what should we be concerned with here, could this have something to do with the error?

serpcom
    Participant

I’ve enabled debug and the debug log and set the settings to debug mode. logs are being made.

This is still not working.

I tried to import a single event and when I do I get a white screen of death. Everything stops, nothing imports.

Please help,

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Steven!

I’m sorry you are still experiencing those issues. Let me help you troubleshoot this.

First, please make sure you update to the latest version of The Events Calendar 4.5.8.1. This latest version includes a fix for an issue where failed Event Aggregator imports would hang for a long time before failing.

We have a lot of imports set up to run, but very little people using it on this account…and therefore only import a small amount of events to the site regularly…what should we be concerned with here, could this have something to do with the error?

You should check that the number if imports you perform a day is not higher than the number of imports your license is for. You can see the status of this limit by going to Events > Help and under Event Aggregator System Status you can see your “Current usage”.

With the debug mode enabled, could you please now try to reproduce the “white screen” error and see if you get any messages in the debug.log file? If so, please send those to us.

Thanks,
    Victor

serpcom
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

serpcom
    Participant

Hi Victor:

I’m aware of the issues with the featured image plugin. (I’m a php developer) and I tried disabling it and running the import again with no change, same blank screen.

I added your code to the functions.php file and tried the import again. No change, still got the error. You should have some results.

Please advise

Thanks.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Steven!

Thanks again for your continued cooperation so far.

We are reviewing your connection with the Event Aggregator server and the failed imports you’ve had so far. And we are working towards finding more information about those failed imports.

In the meantime, could you please let us know more about the white screen you are getting when trying the import? Are you getting the white screen right after you click the Import button? or is it after you get a response for that request? It would be great if you could send us a screenshot of this so we can know when it’s happening?

Thanks,
    Victor

serpcom
    Participant

Victor,

Any further feedback. Client is getting super frustrated with us.

The white screen happens AFTER the preview stage. So I have deleted the facebook import completely from the scheduled imports.

Now when I go to set it back up as a new facebook import. I add new import. It allows me to enter https://www.facebook.com/pg/FaneuilHallMarketplace/events/ and it EVEN populates the NOW 68 Entries that need to be implemenented.

But when you try and either save the import (as a schedule) or just import them one time it doesn’t allow us. THAT IS WHEN THE WHITE SCREEN COMES.

This is just a very bad time for this bug to be happening as it is the middle of one of their busiest seasons and the blog is where they are driving traffic to from social media. So to not have ANY of the events actually happening at the marketplace populate is disastrous.

Please let us know at your earliest convenience if this CAN be fixed. Seems we have support for over 200 imports a month and are no where near that number.

Thanks

Victor
    Keymaster

Thanks for coming back with all this information Steven.

I’m really sorry this is happening to you. I truly understand your position right now and I will try to prioritise this as much possible.

I will have this looked by other team members to have a second pair of eyes on it and will get back to you as soon as I can.

In the meantime, could you please see if there are any console errors right before clicking the Import button and getting the white screen?

It could also be a good idea to try switching to a default theme and deactivating all other plugins to see if any difference. For this I’d recommend setting up a dev/staging site so you don’t disrupt the live site.

Please let us know how that goes. We’ll keep you posted as well.

Thanks,
    Victor

serpcom
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • The topic ‘Renewed, Updated License Key and Imports NOT Working’ is closed to new replies.