Release: The Events Calendar/PRO 2.0.4

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Release: The Events Calendar/PRO 2.0.4

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Rob

We’ve just released the 2.0.4 update for The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO. It features mostly bug fixes – including a somewhat significant one impacting lost venue/organizer data for non-PRO users – but a couple features we’ve been getting requests for made the cut too.

Release Notes for WordPress Events Calendar 2.0.4:

Small features, UX and Content Tweaks:

• Settings option to control the default zoom level for embedded Google Maps (select from 0-21)
    • Filters for all template tags
    • Settings option to control the number of events that appear in each loop, independent of your overall WordPress settings
    • Hook for integrating with custom fields as discussed in this forum thread
    • Contextual body classes for events pages
    • Added a unique CSS ID / class for each DD and DT meta data item so that people can style them differently if they like; and a template tag to give developers flexibility
    • New Dutch translation files for core courtesy of community member Jacob Roel Meijering
    • New Dutch translation files for PRO courtesy of community member Ed Boon

Bug Fixes:

• Venue and organizer data – which previously disappeared – now remains in place when you go back to edit an existing event, as discussed in this forum thread
    • Fix for a conflict impacting Headway users where the calendar title repeated in the header nav
    • Removed incomplete da_DK & nb_NO translation files from PRO code
    • Specific dates within category no longer return 404 errors as discussed in this forum thread
    • Translated slugs now run through sanitize title before use as discussed in this forum thread
    • Resolved translation issue with tribe_get_recurrence_text as discussed in this forum thread (PRO only)
    • Removed date from recurring events in search results as discussed in this forum thread (PRO only)
    • tribe_the_custom_fields no longer displays any HTML if there are no custom fields, as discussed in this forum thread (PRO only)
    • Resolved an issue where the advanced post manager wasn’t using WP’s internal plugins_url() function and causing problems on IIS7 installs (PRO only)
    • Removal of various debug notices & errors

Let us know if you have any problems or identify any bugs not present in 2.0.3. If you were running the beta code provided previously, make sure you update to the official release. Thanks for being patient awaiting this release!

Edward

Hello, just updated to the latest version of Events Cal Pro, I see it installed but WordPress only recognizes the free version. The is a message that says please install the Pro version, but it is already installed.

Rob

Hey Edward. Thanks for the heads up here; interesting issue. Did you have your license key plugged in on the backend? Are you saying it’s telling you that 2.0.4 PRO is needed to run even the free The Events Calendar, or something else? Let me know…if you could post a screenshot it’d be awesome and would help us try to diagnose this.

Edward

Hello, I have two screen shots for you but I’m not sure how to load them up so you can see them.

On the left nav bar from the dashboard I can see the menu option “Events”. In the setting drop down menu I can see “The Events Calendar”. In the plugin section “Events Calendar Pro” is installed.

But at the top of the plugin page I have a warning message that says “To begin using Events Calendar PRO, please install the latest version of The Events Calendar.”

Kind of goofy.

Rob

Hey Edward. Thanks for the follow-up. If you’d be so kind as to send those screenshots, along with a set of admin credentials for the site so we can check it out directly, to pro /a/ tri.be, I can take a look and try to figure out what’s up here. Definitely sounds like something is amiss and we want to do what we can to resolve this for you. Thanks!

Rob

Hey again Edward. After checking out the backend of your site, it looks like the conflict here is that you’re trying to run Events Calendar PRO 2.0.4 with The Events Calendar 2.0.3. The plugin releases cannot be out of sync; if you update to the officially tagged 2.0.4 release for both plugins it should resolve this issue. Please let me know if that’s not the case though.

Edward

Thank you for your help. Everything seems to be working fine.

Rob

Excellent to hear! Thanks for confirming, Edward. Please let us know if you need anything else down the road and thanks for your support so far.

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

I’m not sure if I’m having the same problem or not, but I have 2.0.3 free and pro installed, as well as valid license keys in all of my sites. It is currently only showing that the free version has an available upgrade. The last time I only upgraded one but not the other, it created all sorts of issues. So, I want to be sure I know the necessary steps to make this upgrade go a bit smoother than the last one.

Thank you,
    Anthony

Anthony D’Arco
    Participant

Ok, ignore me. I was fiddling around, and sure enough the update for both appeared on all my sites today. Is there ever a lag between the two?

Thank you,
    Anthony

Rob

Ah, excellent to hear you got this resolved. We have found that the PRO one does sometimes take longer to hit a user’s site than the one on the WordPress.org repo. Weird that you’d be experiencing this late in the game (since 2.0.4 has been live a while already) but it’s definitely possible.

If you encounter any other weird issues along these lines, let us know and we can keep looking into them.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Release: The Events Calendar/PRO 2.0.4’ is closed to new replies.