Bug: Single shows 3rd column even without custom fields

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Bug: Single shows 3rd column even without custom fields

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

In single.php, it’s dividing the output into 3 columns.
    The 3rd column looks like it’s supposed to display custom fields if you have any, but if you don’t have any, it’s still putting the
    dl class=column /dl
    in the output.

The offending code is this:
    if( function_exists('tribe_the_custom_fields') ):
    echo tribe_the_custom_fields( get_the_ID() );
    endif;

I’ve commented that code out for now so I can make my 2 columns stretch to fit the whole width.

It’s my day for finding bugs 🙁

btw, the code substitution in this forum system is really really painful sometimes.

Rob

Appreciate you pointing this one out, too. Not sure what’s up here but let me get a dev to confirm and to log an issue for fixing in 2.1 if there’s something at play here.

At this point, the only way to use code on the forum is < code > as a tag. Ie:

This is my code.

What’s problematic about it? Let me know and I’ll see what can be done about resolving it, since we’re always doing work here and there on the forum architecture.

Joey Kudish

Hey Mike,

You really are on fire! I agree with you the function shouldn’t return any html if there is no data to display. We’ll get this sorted out in 2.1 for sure.

Thanks again for pointing out this issue & have a good week!
    Joey

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Bug: Single shows 3rd column even without custom fields’ is closed to new replies.