Release: The Events Calendar/PRO 2.0.11

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Release: The Events Calendar/PRO 2.0.11

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Rob

Though we hadn’t planned another 2.0.x update before releasing The Events Calendar 3.0, a couple critical matters came to our attention this week that required it, and as of this afternoon we’ve released The Events Calendar/Events Calendar PRO 2.0.11.

This is a relatively small update, but covers a couple of important issues:

First, and most significantly, was a jQuery problem that emerged in the forums a couple days ago. When jQuery 1.9 came out this past week, it removed some functions that we were still using which would affect not only functionality with our plugin but with a user’s overall site (since if one thing hiccups with jQuery, everything on the site chokes). This impacted anyone running jQuery 1.9…since some themes automatically load the latest version, this became an issue we saw reported by multiple users pretty immediately upon the new jQuery release.

Second, there was a problem reported in the forums related to the default Twenty Eleven theme where — on the Default Page Template, in Twenty Eleven only — embedded Google Maps were appearing as broken images and/or generally looking broken.

Both of these should be fixed in the 2.0.11 releases, which you’ll want to update to as soon as possible. Once you’ve done that, if you’re running any of our add-ons (other than WooTickets), you’re going to want to update those too.

Thanks to everyone who reported these issues early and allowed us to get them patched/deployed quickly.

Christopher
    Participant

Can you tell me how to update? My plug-ins page says it’s out of date, then when I click on “update” it tells me I have the latest version. But it also says I have the latest version. I’m quit confused. I’d like to update, I’d like to have the support. I want it all. My site is environmentalheadlines.com/ct thanks. !

adchealth
    Participant

I’m having trouble updating too. My plugins page says I have the latest version. I have tried to Check for updates from the dashboard, but nothing comes up. So I tried to download the latest version and manually update, as other folks have suggested, and all I get when I click Download is:
    Hi. I bet your were hoping to download something awesome.

Perhaps the meaning of life? Perhaps a 50c Ringtone? The sad news is that for whatever reason, that isn’t going to happen right now.

Either you don’t have a license for the product you’re trying to download, it expired, or something went horribly awry with our system.

Don’t freak out! We can help you:

[link to our support forum & twitter]

Thijs
    Participant

Any update on this issue? I still can’t download the latest 2.0.11 version (and the red box in my WordPress dashboard is annoying me!).

Teressa
    Participant

Please let us know how to update, as stated in the posts above, the plugin is saying its at the latest version despite the preceding message. How long will it take to resolve this or even respond?

Teressa
    Participant

Events Calendar has been updated to 2.0.11, but the Pro plugin is at 2.0.10 and ruining the site. MY CLIENT IS NOT HAPPY WITH ME!

Adam
    Participant

Despite following the instructions on your website and going to account central > downloads, where it lists 2.0.11 with a link to ‘download’, I’m not able to download. Clicking the download link I get redirected to a page that says:

Perhaps the meaning of life? Perhaps a 50c Ringtone? The sad news is that for whatever reason, that isn’t going to happen right now.
    Either you don’t have a license for the product you’re trying to download, it expired, or something went horribly awry with our system.

I assume the issue is that It lists my license as ‘expired’ as of a month or so ago. Given that the site is now broken until I am able to update to the fixed plugin 2.0.11, I am keen to get that download. What is the intended course of action? Do you intend for me to have to pay for a new license in order to download a non-broken version of the plugin? Or is there a way for you to grant me access to the new version as-is? I would certainly appreciate having a functional plugin.

Barry

Hi everyone, Leah has tried to address update issues in this sticky thread – so that should the first port of call for anyone still encountering difficulties.

Adam: I’m sorry about your particular experiences here. As a general rule for anyone else who’s reading this – yes, you need a valid license to access premium plugin downloads and if this expires your access is revoked.

In this case if your license was in date when you initially tried updating to 2.0.11 then it might be we can make an exception. What I’d encourage you to do is email [email protected], referencing this thread, and requesting a copy of the latest versions of all premium plugins that you would have been entitled to. I can’t make any promises but we’ll see what we can do 🙂

Iestyn
    Participant

Hi,

We’re having problems with the last update to The Event Calendar, Pro and Community plug-ins. All events are displaying on one page, and all events are showing up in the sidebar.

Any idea what has happened or should we reinstall the older plugins? The plugins are installed on papurdre.net

Thanks

Barry

Hi lestyn: can you create a separate topic for this problem?

Harry
    Participant

I’m having the same problem as Christopher above:

Can you tell me how to update? My plug-ins page says it’s out of date, then when I click on “update” it tells me I have the latest version. But it also says I have the latest version. I’m quit confused. I’d like to update, I’d like to have the support.

I have renewed my license but I still get the red warning on the WordPress page:
    The following plugins are out of date: Events Calendar PRO 2.0.10. Please update now. All add-ons contain dependencies on The Events Calendar and will not function properly unless paired with the right version. Want to pair an older version?

What gives? How do we fix this? There obviously are a few of us out there with the problem, so please tell us how to fix it.

Barry

Hi Harry.

If you received a new license key you would need to make sure that this new key is entered in the Events > Settings > Licenses tab first of all.

If that’s already in place – or you continue to experience problems after putting it in place – please try updating manually. The steps are covered by Leah in her Note on Updating sticky thread.

Does that help at all?

Mac
    Participant

As annoying as the warning that my ecp license is expired I can’t afford to put my clients at risk for any failure during update. I keep checking here hoping for good news. Hopefully someone from the Tribe team can post an All Clear when it is safe to update?

Barry

Hi Mac, thanks for the comments.

As annoying as the warning that my ecp license is expired I can’t afford to put my clients at risk for any failure during update.

The reality with any update – whether relating to our plugins or those of another vendor, or even core WordPress updates – is that the potential exists for it to fail before it completes, so to avoid any risk to your client you need to have a solid strategy in place that will let you recover from failure.

In that regard The Events Calendar and our other plugins are really no different to any other plugin/theme/core WP update and don’t carry any particularly greater risks.

If you are seeing the license expired notice (and actually your license is still valid and your license key settings here on tri.be are also correct) then that is definitely an annoyance but it is a separate issue and you should open a new thread of your own to let us know (but please read Leah’s sticky first of all).

Hopefully someone from the Tribe team can post an All Clear when it is safe to update?

Take the usual precautions – backup and know how to restore that backup – and you should be good to go 🙂

Mac
    Participant

Hi Barry,

We do daily backups on one of the sites I’ve installed ecp on and weekly backups on all other sites (more than 200). Yes, believe it or not, we do know how to restore that backup but I bill on value and my customers receive no value from having to fix failed plugin updates. On free plugins such failures are more tolerable. On premium plugins not so.

In that regard The Events Calendar and our other plugins are really no different to any other plugin/theme/core WP update and don’t carry any particularly greater risks.

Based on experience I have to disagree. I think this is an area that the Tribe can really improve on.
    You folks have the makings of a great suite of plugins here and I eagerly await the improvements necessary to broaden our use of it. An immediate improvement suggestion is for you to use language a little more sympathetic than:

Thanks for the info on my license. It appears there is a conflict. Perhaps due to restoring a previous backup?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Release: The Events Calendar/PRO 2.0.11’ is closed to new replies.