A Note on Updating – Please Read

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO A Note on Updating – Please Read

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Leah

Hey folks,

Some people have reported having trouble with the most recent update. Of course we do want to hear about any real problems with updating, but before you post a “The Update Didn’t Work!” thread, please review the following:

When we release new updates, particularly for plugins not stored at the WordPress.org repo, it can take 24-48 hours for update prompts to show on your site. Please be patient and remember that if you need the update sooner, you can manually re-download it from the tri.be site. Also, if you update the core plugin (The Events Calendar) first, the prompts for any related plugins (PRO, Community Events, etc.) may temporarily disappear. In either case, you should be able to get the update prompts by going to Updates in the Dashboard (http://d.pr/i/w0eH) and clicking “Check Again.” You may need to press the button a number of times before WordPress recognizes the update and shows the prompts. You should also clear your browser cache. Alternately, you can wait for the prompts to show up on their own. This may take a while, and again, that is normal.

As mentioned above, you can also download the updates manually. Log in to your account at tri.be and go to Account Central –> Downloads in the upper right hand corner. From there you can download the latest plugin version(s) in .zip format. To upload, go to Plugins –> Add New in your dashboard (http://d.pr/i/sysS) and upload the file.

Hopefully, the above tips will help your update go smoothly. As always, we recommend that you back up your site before updating. If you followed these steps and are still having update problems, please let us know by creating a new thread. Thank you for your continued support. Enjoy!

David

The update caused the plugins on my site to be deleted. Now trying to reinstall but it says the files are still there. Very annoying. Also, will all my events now be deleted? I had over 100!

Leah

Hi David,

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. I’m happy to help, but I’ll need some more information. Where the deleted plugins only the Events Calendar ones, or were unrelated plugins also lost? It’s possible that the update worked, the old plugin versions were deleted, and the new plugin versions are there (installed) but not yet activated. Can you double check on that? If that’s the case, you should not lose any events or other information. If you’re unsure how to check any of the above, you can also link a screenshot of your plugin page and I’ll check it out.

Thanks,
    Leah

Meghan
    Participant

This update deleted everything I had I followed your advice above and when I click Download I get this.

Hi. I bet your were hoping to download something awesome.

Perhaps the meaning of life? Perhaps a 50c Ringtone? The sad news is that for whatever reason, that isn’t going to happen right now.

Either you don’t have a license for the product you’re trying to download, it expired, or something went horribly awry with our system.

Don’t freak out! We can help you:

[link to our support forum & twitter]

Leah

Hi Meghan,
    I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble. I believe I got an email from you, so I’ll continue to help you there.
    Thanks,
    Leah

Tim
    Participant

Fatal error after installing WordPress 3.5.. Any Help .. I know the Tribe is working on it .. Thanx . Just letting you know..

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::in_admin() in /home/content/46/10183646/html/wp-includes/load.php on line 587

http://bb-nj.com/events/community/add
    http://bb-nj.com/events/community/list

Max
    Participant

I also received the same error.. hope a fix is coming soon. Thanks

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::in_admin() in /home/southfm2/public_html/wp-includes/load.php on line 587

Leah

Hey guys,

Your patience and understanding is very appreciated. We’re working hard to have a fix ready for you today.

Cheers,
    Leah

Leah

Hurrah hooray! We’ve got a hotfix ready for you. You can read more in our blog post at https://theeventscalendar.com/release-hotfix-for-wp-3-5-bugs-in-events-calendar-pro-2-0-10-community-1-0-4/ or just head on over to tri.be and re-download the plugin(s).

Thanks for your patience folks!

Tim
    Participant

You guys are AWESOME!

Leah

Thank you for your patience Tim! We really appreciate it.

Benji
    Participant

HI
    I have gone to upload the latest pro version 2.0.11 and naturally wordpress tells me it is already installed. The download link from the warning on the dashboard does not work either. I have over 1,000 events so i want this to go smoothly. please advise how I update my pro upgrade thank you.

Barry

Hi Benji,

Can I just confirm that you’ve tried following the Update prompts (which normally automate the update process) in the WordPress plugins page?

Cheers,

Barry

Benji
    Participant

HI Barry – Yes tried the promt at the top of the page, which you can not miss and it warns that they are incompatible and then when you press update it says I have the latest version? I am running wp 3.4.2 with events calendar 2.0.11

Benji
    Participant

Sorry now that is odd, just tried the link again now, 24 hours from when I updated events calendar and now it worked! must be some sort of a time delay, but all good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘A Note on Updating – Please Read’ is closed to new replies.