Redirect to a post when clicking on an event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Redirect to a post when clicking on an event

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Michalis
    Participant

hi,

We would like for the users to be redirected to the already created posts when clicking on an event. How can that be done?

Thanks you in advance

Courtney

Hi George

The easiest way to redirect users would be to add a plugin like Download Quick Page/Post Redirect Plugin.  This will allow you to redirect the single event to a post, and keep track of the redirects you have in place.

Be sure to review the plugin’s settings and enable “Custom Post Types”.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,
    Courtney 🙂

Michalis
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I rather add a link in the content area that will redirect to the actual post instead of adding an extra plugin. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

I am facing another issue:

when i add a venue it create a link for it:

e.g. Permalink: http://www.latsia.eu/venue/ieros-naos-agiou-georgiou/

But when i actually click on it to see its details it give me the following:

Page not found: http://www.latsia.eu/χώρος-διεξαγωγής/ieros-naos-agiou-georgiou/

For some reason it translates the word: “venue” based on the current language. Therefore the link breaks.

Please advice.

Courtney

Hi George

Before we go too much further, can you confirm whether you’ve reviewed our Testing for conflicts guide to see if you can reproduce the issues/errors?

It would also really help me to narrow down the problem if you could privately respond with your System Info.

Does every venue link redirect to a 404 error message?

Hopefully we can fix this quickly.

Thanks,
    Courtney

Michalis
    Participant

This reply is private.

Courtney

This reply is private.

Michalis
    Participant

Hi,

For some reason the venue page opens now. I did absolutely nothing. The main issue now is that in the venue URL, the “Venue” word changes according to the current language. e.g. if i am viewing the greek version, the URL is http://www.latsia.eu/χώρος-διεξαγωγής/dimotiko-theatro-latsion/.

I am using WPML by the way.

Please advice.

Thanks

Courtney

Hi George

I will look into this issue further. However, since WPML is a 3rd party plugin, it may take me a little bit more time to respond with the correct answer.

I will keep you posted on what I find.

Thanks,
    Courtney 🙂

Courtney

Hi George

I checked with other team members that are more familiar with WPML.  It looks like you’ve come across a bug that they’ve also had.  I will flag this post so that you will be notified as soon as this is resolved.

Until then, it is recommended that you downgrade to Events Calendar 4.3.5 and the Events Calendar Pro 4.3.4 .  You can find the download file for the earlier version at https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/. Just change which version you’d like to get.

Let me know how you make out.

Thanks,
    Courtney 🙂

Michalis
    Participant

Hi,

I downgraded to the advised versions but the issue was not fixed. Also your plugin “The Events Calendar: Remove Export Links” version 1.1 does not work with any other version except 4.4.4 for both events calendar and events calendar pro. So what is the meaning of downgrading?

Thanks

Courtney

Hi George

Unfortunately, I don’t have further solutions to offer. I will say that this issue is flagged as a high priority bug for us to resolve. The moment the release is available, you will be notified here for a solution.

Again, I’m sorry we can’t make this work somehow in the meantime.

Courtney

George
    Participant

Hello!

We published a Maintenance Release today for a number of our plugins that includes some improved handling of translations and WPML which should help with the issues reported here.

Check out the release notes to learn more: https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-29th-may-2017/

Cheers!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Redirect to a post when clicking on an event’ is closed to new replies.