Recurring events / times and other issues incorrect when published.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events / times and other issues incorrect when published.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for the “Once” recurring issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-9-september-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Mathew
    Participant

@Victor

After testing, the issue is still present. According to another team member, this issue was not addressed in the release today.

azdancecoalition
    Participant

Yes, not fixed. I went to our Nov 11 post Bolshoi Ballet in Cinema that had a lot of ‘once’ recurrences. I hit update to see if it would show the recurrences this time. It went to a white php page and I had to exit the tab. I reopened the url and did not see the recurrences. Tried twice. White screen each time.

Keep me posted. Thanks, Krystyna

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi there!

Thanks for following up with this.

I have checked and it seems this thread has also been linked to another bug report for the ONCE recurring events issue, which seems to be already scheduled to be included in our next maintenance release cycle.

We’ll let you know once a fix is released for that.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Best,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

A new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for the duplicated “Once” recurrences issue.

You can find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-30-september-2018/

Please bear in mind that if you currently have recurring events with this problem, you will need to re-save them after this update so that the series regenerates correctly.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

azdancecoalition
    Participant

Hello – I updated both Events Calendar plugins. I went to the one event where I used ONCE (Bolshoi at the Cinemas) on Nov 11, and there were ONCE events in December and so on. I did enter a ‘link’ for the event on NOv 11 and hit UPDATE. I received an ERROR 500 message. I hit the back arrow and it went to POSTS (not EVENT CALENDAR). I viewed the updated post and it did accept the ‘link,’ but there are no additional events in Dec and so on. We tried!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m sorry that you’re running into further issues here…Can you please clarify what you mean by entering a link on the November 11th event? When you came back to the event you updated, it sounds like you were not seeing a duplicate – were the additional events that you had created using the “Once” rule no longer there?

If this is the case, can you try creating a fresh series for this event using the same “Once” rules, saving, and updating the event to see if you are running into issues with the new series?

azdancecoalition
    Participant

Hi, I entered a ‘link’ in the box that asks for the event link – below description. That should not have affected anything, and it did show up in the post after I updated. So that worked.

I had already entered all the ONCE events in that post. They just are not showing up, even after I updated the two Event Calendar plugins this morning.

Do I have to ‘re-enter all the ONCE’ recurrences? I hit UPDATE, so am thinking it would do the ‘right thing.’

Krystyna

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Krystyna,

Unfortunately if you had entered the rules before the update, they are no longer there…the bug that existed previously was not saving these rules when updating the event, so there isn’t a way now to bring them back. I’m sorry for the inconvenience that this caused!

Are you still seeing the “Once” rules on the edit event page? If not, then you will need to re-enter them. Once you see them there and hit update, you should still see them after the page refreshes. Can you give this a try and let me know if this is what you’re seeing?

azdancecoalition
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,
    I’m confused. What do you consider ‘rules?’ I don’t know what ‘rules’ are. I do see all the ONCE occurrences in the edit page, just like I created originally. They are still there. I was assuming that with the updated plugin, it would work if I hit UPDATE. This didn’t happen. So I will try to re-enter the ‘once’ occurrences later. OR do I need to recreate the entire event from scratch? Would you know? Krystyna

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Krystyna,

I am referring to the “Once” occurrences when I say rules; each time you click “Add more events” and set up another occurrence, you are creating a new rule (see screenshot) – sorry for the confusion there!

When you add these and hit “Update”, the occurrences that you addded should still be there when the page refreshes. If you added these previously and lost them due to this bug, you will need to re-add them.

If you are missing occurrences on a recurring event, can you try adding them again, clicking “Update”, and see if they are still there when the page refreshes? If not, can you try creating a brand new series with “Once” occurrences and see if you are able to update that event without losing the “Once” occurrences?

If you didn’t clear out the cache within WP Super Cache after updating, please make sure to do so before testing this out.

azdancecoalition
    Participant

Hello, I just re-added the ONCE event that was not working. Nov 11 Bolshoi at the Cinema. Before, ‘updating’ did not fix the ONCE occurrence. I deleted the post, and re-entered all the information. After UPDATE, I received a 500 ERROR message and the back arrow takes me to the ‘old’ version of POSTS (before The Events Calendar). I checked the monthly view and found the Nov post, but none of the others. Am including screen shots of Nov-Dec monthly calendar, and all the ONCE occurrences in the ‘add event’ section. Not sure what you fixed, but it is still not working for us.

Hmmm … did not clear out WP Super Cache (as I’m reading your last response). Will see how to do that.

azdancecoalition
    Participant

Hello, I just re-added the ONCE event that was not working. Nov 11 Bolshoi at the Cinema. Before, ‘updating’ did not fix the ONCE occurrence. I deleted the post, and re-entered all the information. After UPDATE, I received a 500 ERROR message and the back arrow takes me to the ‘old’ version of POSTS (before The Events Calendar). I checked the monthly view and found the Nov post, but none of the others. Am including screen shots of Nov-Dec monthly calendar, and all the ONCE occurrences in the ‘add event’ section. Not sure what you fixed, but it is still not working for us.

Hmmm … did not clear out WP Super Cache (as I’m reading your last response). Will see how to do that.

OK… the cache clears regularly. Just now I went to view the Nov post and it does show the ‘recurring’ events when you ‘mouse over’ (See all) right under the heading – date/time line. So it kept the information for that function. It just doesn’t show up on the monthly calendar. I just checked under ‘weekly’ view and it didn’t show the Bolshoi events. HELP!

Barry

Thanks for your patience so far, and my apologies about the slow response time. Partly that’s because we have recently been receiving an unusually large number of support requests, but it is also because we have transitioned to a new help desk:

We haven’t so far been able to replicate what you’re describing on our side. If you’re still experiencing difficulties, though, I’d love it if you could email us or open a new ticket on our new help desk and confirm:

• If you can replicate the same thing when creating a brand new event/brand new series of events
    • If you have been able to try again, whether on your live site or a testing site, without other plugins running and with only a default theme in place

We’re keen to keep this conversation going and get to the bottom of things, but I think a fresh ticket on our new help desk will be the best way to do that. Feel free to include a note of this topic URL to help us ‘join the dots’ between the new ticket and this one 🙂

Thank you!

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events / times and other issues incorrect when published.’ is closed to new replies.