Recurring Events See All UI goes too far past and shows other events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Events See All UI goes too far past and shows other events

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Paul Gonzalez
    Participant

Symptom:
    – User clicks on See All on a recurring event
    – All Events are displayed with Previous and Next Events pagination links
    – User clicks on Previous Events multiple times
    – When there are no more events in the past, the “Previous Events” link does not disappear
    – If User clicks on Previous Events at this stage, the next page shows a mix of events – All Events in a List View

Expected Behavior
    If there are no more recurring events in the past, the UI should NOT display the Previous Events link. That way users will not have the option to click on it.

I have attached a GIF file with an example of the symptom.

Paul Gonzalez
    Participant

I forgot to upload the GIF. Here it is.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Paul!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue šŸ™ Let me help you troubleshoot that.

I could not reproduce the issue in my own local installation. Could you please send me a screenshot of the recurring settings when editing that event?

Also, please share with us your system info by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/Ā ?

There is a chance this could also be a theme or plugin conflict. So, to narrow down the problem, please go through the complete steps in this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ and let usĀ know what you can find in the process.

Thanks,
    Victor

Paul Gonzalez
    Participant

This reply is private.

Paul Gonzalez
    Participant

We have also gone through the conflict detection steps. I have a GIF attached to show the behavior. We disabled all plugins but the Events Calendar, switched to Twenty Fifteen theme and cleared cookies and cache and restarted the browser.

The issue seems to have persisted. We tried with different browsers as well just in case. Please see the GIF that shows the behavior after the above steps/changes. We showed results in Chrome and FireFox in Mac. The issue is the same also in PCs.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Paul!

Thanks for coming back with all the sys info and the screen recording.

Unfortunately, I’ve been able to track down a bug report related to this issue. I will change this thread status to “Pending fix” and link it to the report so we’ll let you know as soon as a bugfix is released for it in one of our future maintenance releases.

We don’t have a workaround for the moment, but we’ll keep you postedĀ on updates about it.

We apologise for the inconvenience and we’d appreciate your patience with this.

Do let us know if there is any other questions and we’ll be happy to help.

Best,
    Victor

Paul Gonzalez
    Participant

OK. We’ll keep an eye on this and see if it gets fixed in an upcoming release.

Victor
    Keymaster

Thanks Paul!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Paul!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue

Find out more about this release ā†’ https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-6-may-2018/

We apologize for the long delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Events See All UI goes too far past and shows other events’ is closed to new replies.