Recurring events makes the backend of my site crash

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events makes the backend of my site crash

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Joanna Shebson
    Participant

My website has a very robust events calendar (pro) and i have many recurring events. Now that it is summer and my traffic has increased my site keeps crashing each time i add recurring events. Its usually a an error http 500

Ive been in touch with my hosting company siteground but I wanted to know if this is an issue you are aware of?

In the past i went in and deleted old events but even that I have to do 5 at a time or it crashes.

I have a dedicated server and wordpress booster. What else should i be asking for?

Joanna

Joanna Shebson
    Participant

What server settings should I have for a site with a big calendar that is customized and alot of plug ins?

Site traffic is about 40,000/month

Can you please reply quickly because this is my busy season and site keeps going down.

Thanks,
    Joanna

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Joanna,

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your site. I will try to help you get this sorted.

Can you please share your current system information with me?

Also, if you are not using the latest versions of our plugins, can you try updating them to see if this has any effect?

If that doesn’t change things, can you try enabling WP Debug and WP Log in your WP Config file? You can find information about this here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress. Once enabled, try adding a test recurring event.

Afterwards, there should be a file named debug.log in your wp-content directory. Can you share the contents of that file with me here? If it is very long, can you please upload to a sharing service like dropbox or similar if possible?

Thanks,
    Sky

Sky
    Keymaster

Also, You might check out this knowledgebase article regarding performance considerations. There are a few settings you may be able to tweak to help with this.

Thanks,
    Sky

Joanna Shebson
    Participant

Hi Sky,
    My system information is already shared with you. The check box is checked.

On Site ground I have a Dedicated Server with single Hexa-core Xeon E5-2620 CPU

I see that there are upgrades available for Events calendar pro but i need to check with my programmer if I can update them or if it might cause a conflict or problem on my site since i have so much customization. I am currently using 4.6.17 and and 4.4.27
    Were any of these issues fixed in these updates?

Then i will find out about doing the WP-Log and WP Debug.

Thanks,
    Joanna

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Joanna,

I wasn’t sure if that was your latest system information. Definitely the first step should be to update the plugins to the latest versions.

The other thing you can test is to see if there are any conflicts happening between your theme or any of the plugins you are using with the Events Calendar plugins. You can find more information about that process here, but basically you want to temporarily switch to the Twenty Seventeen theme and disable all non Events plugins. If you are still experiencing the issue in this state, then it may be worth looking into your server setting and resources. Otherwise, you would then enable your theme and plugins one at a time, checking each time to see if the issue has returned. Once you have identified the source of the conflict, we could look more in depth to see if there is anything we can do from our end or not.

If you do not have a staging server to troubleshoot with, you might look into the WP Staging Plugin.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions about the troubleshooting steps.

Thanks,
    Sky

Joanna Shebson
    Participant

According to my programmer the issues are all coming from the Events
    Calendar Pro having trouble with recurring events.

It is slowing down the site and the database.

It keeps locking the server.

Have you had other customers with the same issue. Did you find a way to
    resolve it?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

I don’t yet have enough information to tell what the problem is. Can you tell me what steps your developer went through to determine that the issue is due to Events Calendar Pro? Were you able to collect any debug information as I described earlier? Have you gone through the steps in the Testing for Conflicts Guide?

In addition to providing that information, can you show me a screenshot of the Event Series pattern you are using on one of the events that you are having issues with when creating the recurring events?

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events makes the backend of my site crash’ is closed to new replies.