Recurring events duplicating while being created

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring events duplicating while being created

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    integrity
    Participant

There seems to be an issue creating recurring events and navigating away from the page while events are being created. When the user navigates away (despite the loading bar message: “Recurring event data is still being generated for this event. Don’t worry, you can safely navigate away – the process will resume in a bit in the background.”), events with large recurrence patterns will duplicate, creating a mess that requires going through and trashing all duplicated events.

This doesn’t seem to be an issue for smaller recurring events, but would it not be safer to just remove this message from the loading bar to avoid this issue from occurring?

George
    Participant

Hey @Integrity,

I’m sorry to hear this!

I cannot recreate this sort of behavior, so I’m wondering:

1. Can you share the system information of the site on which these problems occur? Here is how to do that → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

2. Can you share a screenshot of the “Time and Date” section of the edit screen for an event on which these problems occur? To clarify, this “Time and Date” section is where the recurrence rules are configured. So if you can find a recurring event that has these issues, share a screenshot of the complete “Time and Date” section to show its complete configuration. Here is an example of what a “Time and Date” screenshot might look like → https://cldup.com/JLJmZjrBFx-3000×3000.png

You can share screenshots uploading the images to this thread. If you have issues with that, you can upload to Imgur.com, Flickr.com, CloudUp.com, or any similar image-hosting site; then just share the links to those images here and I’ll take a look.

Thanks!
    George

integrity
    Participant

This reply is private.

integrity
    Participant

Also, to be clear, events do NOT duplicate if the admin remains on the page until the plugin finishes updating recurrence. The issue is only when the user navigates away while the process is taking place, despite the message saying it is safe to navigate away

George
    Participant

Hey Integrity,

Thanks for your patience here—I took some time to carefully reproduce your problems and am sorry to report that we indeed have a bug here. 🙁

I produced the exact problem you did, and have since updated our Known Issues page (https://theeventscalendar.com/known-issues/) and created a bug ticket for our developers.

I tried to see if I could make a quick code fix to hold us over for an official fix, but was not able to do so. So we unfortunately have to sit tight here while our developers work on this.

This is a high priority issue since event duplication can impact site performance and such. So sorry for the trouble!

Stay tuned to this thread for updates, and please let me know if there is anything else I can try to help with in the meantime!

Sincerely,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Geoff

Hey there, just wanted to give you a heads up that we are in the process of releasing Events Calendar PRO 4.2.6 and it will include a fix for this issue. Please keep your eyes open for the update and let us know if you continue to see issues after the update.

Thanks so much for reporting this and for your patience while we worked on it!

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring events duplicating while being created’ is closed to new replies.