Recurring Event links to /all instead of post. All links on /all point to /all

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Event links to /all instead of post. All links on /all point to /all

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    thegreenmanstore
    Participant

Hello!

We are having a problem with our recurring events. From the main page http://developer.creativeplatoon.com/thegreenman/events/ — we see Traditional Spiritwork 101 on March 30th is a Recurring Event.

The title of the Event (upon hover) points to: http://developer.creativeplatoon.com/thegreenman/event/traditional-spiritwork-101-with-ren/2016-03-30/ however, clicking on the title redirects to http://developer.creativeplatoon.com/thegreenman/event/traditional-spiritwork-101-with-ren/all/

The same happens if you click “Find Out More.”

From the /all/ page for this recurring event all titles and find-out-more links point to this /all/ page.

Our engineer says he has done due diligence on checking for plugin conflicts. I am the project manager. Let me know if you need screencaps.

Thanks!

Nico

Howdy @thegreenmanstore,

Welcome to our support forums and thanks for reaching out to us. I’ll help you getting this right!

To start off please try to change the WordPress site timezone to UTC and set Event > Settings > General > Timezone Settings > Timezone mode to ‘Use sitewide…”. After settings this up re-test. If this is works then try to select the appropriate timezone for ‘america/los_angeles’, but with the UTC ofsset mode (UTC-8 I think). On the other hand if this is still an issue please ask your engineer to follow the steps described in our Testing for conflicts guide (maybe he has done it already, but I would like to be sure before proceeding).

Please let me know about your findings,
    Best,
    Nico

thegreenmanstore
    Participant

Hi Nico,

Thank you for your assistance. I set the WordPress site to UTC and enabled the Timezone Settings in Events Calendar Pro and set the mode to use the sitewise timezone. I toggled show timezone too, so that you can see that it’s done. It didn’t not correct the /all/ error. I went ahead and set the site to UTC -8 for the time being, so as not to confuse the newly trained site admins.

I will confirm that the engineer went through the conflict test protocol since the latest build, I know that he did it last month.

Thanks!

Nico

Thanks for confirming this. Please let me know when you have confirmation on the testing for conflicts…

Hope we can make this right soon!
    Best,
    Nico

thegreenmanstore
    Participant

This reply is private.

thegreenmanstore
    Participant

This reply is private.

thegreenmanstore
    Participant

This reply is private.

thegreenmanstore
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in my reply! We do not monitor the forums on weekends.

I’m still puzzled about this issue because I’m unable to reproduce it and also because . Let’s try the following:

• Re-install plugins: can you please ask the engineer to re-download the plugins ZIPS and re-install them?
    • Regenerate permalinks: go to WP-Admin > Settings > Permalinks and Save Changes.
    • Genereate a new event to re-test: generate a sample recurring event to re-test this.

Please go trough this steps and let me know if they fix the issue,
    Thanks for the patience while we work this out,
    Nico

thegreenmanstore
    Participant

Hi Nico,

Thanks for your help.

Are you asking for us to reinstall all of the plugins on our full site or on the calendar-test site?

It doesn’t make sense to me to ask our engineer to reinstall all plugins on the full site, when we’ve provided a calendar test site with no plugins installed (except events-calendar) where this bug is repeatable.

Would you like us to reinstall events-calendar-pro and regenerate the permalinks on the calendar test site?

http://developer.creativeplatoon.com/calendar-test/events/

Please clarify – thanks!

Ren

Nico

Hi Ren,

Sorry If I wasn’t clear enough, I assumed all the testing will be done in the staging / test site. Totally fine to do it there.

Just re-install the plugins in the test site, then regenerate permalinks and create a new test event. It’s important to re-download the plugin ZIPs as version 4.0.5 files where update shortly after release (common library sync). This was live for a short period of time, but long enough for some users to download it. We’ve seen some cases where glitches similar to this one happened because of that.

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

thegreenmanstore
    Participant

Hi Nico,

Our engineer re-downloaded the latest plugin and did the permalink regen on the full site and the recurring events feature appears to now work for NEW posts. No luck on prior posts.

http://tgm.duellingpixels.com/events/

Any chance of fixing the feature for prior posts? We have 400+ imported event posts from our old site that we have yet to publish to the new site, many of which would… ideally be set to recur. But, not a deal breaker.

Thanks for your help,

Ren

Nico

Hey Ren,

Super stocked to hear we could finally nail this, it was getting a bit tricky! Sorry you’ve been affected by our mistake with the ZIP packaging…

To fix previous created/imported events, Does re-saving them works? If so, maybe you can try doing a bulk edit of events. If that works you can combine it with a higher items per page value to make things easier!

Please let me know if that works,
    Best,
    Nico

thegreenmanstore
    Participant

Hi Nico,

I tried updating an old recurring event – no change.

I tried unpublishing and republishing the event – no change.

I tried removing the recurrence, saving (testing that single event works normally — it does), then re-adding recurrence, re-saving. Unfortunately, same /all/ bug.

Is there some other kind of re-save to try?

Thanks,

Ren

thegreenmanstore
    Participant

We have an event that will occur weekly on Thursdays for 6 weeks, except for on the 5th week it will occur on Wednesday. I suppose we sort of need an “Exclusion” and an “Inclusion” field. We attempted a hack workaround – setting the event to recur every Thursday until the end date, with the exclusion of the Thursday in the 5th week. Then, a second rule setting the event to occur weekly on Wednesdays, and excluding all dates except the 5th Wednesday.

Our hack caused the recurrence feature not to work for the post. It got locked in the /all/ loop.

1) Any advice on setting up this custom recurrence?
    2) Since adding two many recurrence rules caused this post to have the /all/ error — I am now making this event for the third time, since we are unable to fix posts with the /all/ error — only able to make new posts. I know ya’ll don’t check on weekends, hope to hear from you next week!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Event links to /all instead of post. All links on /all point to /all’ is closed to new replies.